hobart model 135

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hobart model 135

I have recently purchased the 135 mig welder. for a few weeks the thing worked great. but then all of the sudden, it started acting up. I'm running a 30 wire with the suggested co25 mix. the purge is set to specs. I set the thing to the purge setting and it puts out what it is supposed to. I set the wire feed and the volt dials to the chart that is on the machine. i pull the trigger and the wire does not hang up and the purge is right on the money. I go to put it to metal and the thing starts to spit and the wire hangs up and makes a big mess. There is no penetration and the thing, you can't weld an inch with out it messing up. I have been weding for about six years now and only bought this machine for odd jobs around the farm. So I'm not a dummy but at the same time I don't know waht to do next. any info would be great.

HI ERICK.........IF IT WORKED GREAT WITH THE FLUX CORED WIRE THAT COME WITH IT , THEN YOU SWITCHED TO C 25 AND .030 WIRE IS THAT CORRECT. IF THAT IS THE SENERIO CHECK YOUR POLARITY. IT IS IMPERATIVE YOU CHANGE POLARITY WHEN YOU SWITCH WIRE FROM FLUX CORED THAT COMES WITH IT TO HARD WIRE AND GAS.................LET ME KNOW.............ROCK
    [email protected]

Comment

I would check:
      -the 4 gas ports are not clogged right behind the tip, verify the nozzle is clean too.
      -do you hear the gas coming out.
      -have you tried changing the tip, they do wear out.
      -tighten the weld wire connections on the welder.
      -have you changed brands of wire, different diameter might cause feeding problems?
      -feed the wire out while holding with a glove, does wire come out smoothly?
      -check drive wheel cleaness and wire clamp tightness
      -supply reel is harder to turn as wire reaches the end, loosen supply reel tension a little.

Thats all I can think of, good luck.
      It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

Comment

AAGGHH! I forgot the polarity, thanks Rock.
        It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

Comment

Check that all the ground connections are tight. I had a ground terminal come loose inside the lug, once.

Comment

sounds like polarity to me.

you can imagine how i know

- jack

Comment

Working...
            X