how to test TIG foot pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to test TIG foot pedal?

i was given an older Miller foot pedal with a 14 pin connector on it. i was told by the guy that it "acted funny" and he replaced it with a new one.

my question is how can i test this foot pedal with a multi-meter to see what its problem is? what kind of values should i see and what pins should i test across. also, what is the name of the 14 pin connector? the outter threaded sleeve is cracked and doesn't hold it into the machine firmly.

thru a little research, it appears that it is basically a potientiometer in there that varies resistance with the pedal movemant.

any help, information, or ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Matt
    Last edited by jeepnmatt; 10-17-2003, 10:55 AM.
    www.troutindustries.com

Welcome to the forum Jeepnmatt

It seems to me that what usually goes wrong on the pedals is the switch that the pedal hits down onto.

But what do I know I just weld.

Good luck Bud.
    Jerry Streets
    J P Streets Welding LLC

Comment

JEEPNMATT..........Indeed there is a micro switch inside, and a potentiometer.........Most likely 2k but when you get inside it should be marked on it.............The value........ it should be linerar and smooth.......... The micro switch is just on/off by depressing the pedal down.............Everything else is wireing..........

See if you can find the part number on it........... Most parts are still available....................Rock..........
      [email protected]

Comment

thanks!
        www.troutindustries.com

Comment

Working...
        X