210 Ironman or Handler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 210 Ironman or Handler

I'm thinking about buying a welder could someone give me an idea of the difference between a 210 Handler and a ironman 210 besides the price.
    Thanks

Size and duty cycle. H210 uses a smaller Hobart-style gun while the IM210 has a Miller-style gun that can easily be upgraded. IM210 will use 12" spools of wire, while HH210 is limited to 8" spools.

Informative product spec sheets are available for download for each. Follow PRODUCTS link at top of page.

Comment

In addition to what Mac already said, the H210 is a bit more portable (incase your going up stairs...etc) then the IM210. Your looking at around 77 lbs. instead of 146 lbs.
      Jon
      Hobart Beta-Mig 200
      Smith Proportional Mixer CO2/Argon
      Buffalo Forge No. 22 Drill Press

Comment

I have the IM210 and went through the same decision as you are having to make. IMHO, you won't regret spending the extra for the IM, while you may if you went with the Handler. Same reasons as Mac gave, spool capacity and duty cycle.
        Hobart IM210
        Lincoln 225 stick
        Hitachi chop saw
        Big 'ol Walker-Turner drill press w/ XY table
        8" x 12" HF lathe
        '86 Toyota 4WD welding rig with 10kw homebuilt Genset
        '76 M880 for the heavy stuff

--The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in
        half and put it back in your pocket.

Comment

On the other hand if you search for reviews of both machines on this site you can make up your own mind based on what's said by people who have owned or tried both.
          HH210
          2 Smith Airline outfits, 2 Harris 50s,2 W200s ,J27, Meco Midget and Dillon
          Thermal Arc 185

Comment

If you are leaning toward the benefits of the IM210, take a look at the price of the MM212 before you buy. It used to be so close that there was no reason not to go with the even better Miller.

Comment

I went with the Handler over the Ironman. It come down to ease of moving from the shop to the truck and such. I seriously considered the Ironman, but realized if the Handler couldn't manage it in the field or shop, then I just use SMAW.

Comment

There are quite a few of us here that do an awful lot with that machine.

Comment

Working...
                X