Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock

Rock, I still never heard from anyone regarding the new Syncrowave 180. Have you heard anything about it? Thanks for any info.........

MOWJUNK.........WELL...........THIS IS THE TRANSITION WEEK FROM BOWHUNTING, TO DUCK HUNTING, THEN SHOTGUN HUNTING FOR DEER.........CURRENTLY BOW AND DUCK ARE IN, BOW GOES OUT AND THE ONLY THING TO HUNT FOR ONE DAY IS DUCK'S THEN IT IS SHOT GUN ONLY FOR DEER FOR 5 OR 6 DAYS...... I'M GOING AS MOST PEOPLE HERE ARE ALSO............... PEOPLE HUNT HERE BUT I WILL LEAVE HIM ANOTHER VOICE MAIL.......... WELL TURNS OUT HE WAS ANSWEREING HIS VOICE MAILS AND CALLED ME...... HAHAHA THE 180SD IS NOT GOING TO BE OBSOLETED HOWEVER THEY ADDED MANY NEW FEATURES TO IT, DID NOT CHANGE THE NAME, AND DID NOT RAISE THE PRICE., IT IS THE CONTINUAL UPDATEING WE DO HERE TO STAY IN THE GAME. THINK OF IT AS UPDATEING AND STAYING AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION......... HE DID TRY ANSWEREING IT BUT SAID HE COULDN'T GET SIGNED ON......... ME I ASKED HIM IF HE STILL WORKED HERE.........HE ONLY LAUGHED..............ROCK[email protected]

Comment

When will it be in the retail stores, and what are the new features? How about a spec sheet? Thanks!

Comment

WILL........AS FAR AS I KNOW IT SHOULD BE THERE NOW, SPEC SHEET THE DISTRIBUTORS SHOULD GET AUTOMATICALLY. I DIDN'T ASK ABOUT THE NEW FEATURES SPECIFICALLY.........I'LL LET DAVE ANSWER THAT ONE WHEN HE GETS BACK FROM HUNTING........ROCK.....
        [email protected]

Comment

180 SD

Will and Rock, I talked to a salesman at Miller today named Mark. He said it's ready to go now. According to Mark, Rock is correct. Same price and same name, just a bit more features like metering and fan on demand. Thanks for the help, Rock.

Comment

180SD

Just returned from my local Miller shop (AirGas), and they know nothing about the new model. He got out the 2002 catalog which of course shows the old model. He did not offer to look any further than that....I guess customer service isn't part of what they offer.

I looked online at cyberweld, but can't tell if it is the new model. They have it listed at about $1400. For about $200 more, they have it with running gear and an auto shade helmet.

Comment

HI WILL........ONE OF THE THINGS MOJUNK LISTED IN HIS MESSAGE WAS THE FACT THAT IT NOW HAS METERS ON IT. IF THE DISTRIBUTOR ONLY HAD A PICTURE TO SHOW YOU IN THE 2002 CATALOGUE WHICH COME OUT IN DECEMBER OF COURSE IT WOULDN'T SHOW THE UPDATED VERSION. IF HE DIDN'T HAVE ONE ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR HE COULD OF CALLED THE ORDER DEPARTMENT HERE AT MILLER AND ASKED IF THE NEW MODELS WERE BEING SHIPPED..........IF THEY ARE REQUEST THE DISTRIBUTOR TO GET THE NEW STYLE WITH METERS...... SOUNDS GOOD TO ME THE PRICE DIDN'T GO UP.................HAVE SOME FUN WITH THIS NOW...........................ROCK
              [email protected]

Comment

ROCK, I have been wanting a 180SD but I didn't like the fact that it didn't have the fan on demand, are these machines available yet? and if so do you know the P/N so i can specify when I call Cyberweld.
                thanks
                dan

Comment

New 180SD

Ok, here's what I know....I contacted Praxair and they have both models. If you order the new model, you get the new model. Cyberweld has the ok this week to sell them. They will ship the new model. According to the salesman at Praxair, it has - "Pre/post flow, Fan on demand, Hot start for stick welding, Cable hanger and Meters". I will order one in about two weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW, Cyberweld has them listed on their site. There is a picture, but I can't tell if it's the new model or the older model. Hope this clears up some questions...

The new model part number is 907054.

Danf and Will, I called Miller yesterday and the salesman there said they were ready and being shipped already.

Comment

Go here.....I think this is a pretty good deal. A Miller self darkening helmet and a NEW MODEL Syncrowave 180. It even has the new model number. I bought my MM175 from this guy and it was shipped directly from Miller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1780110167

Russell, it would look good in your shop, but just think how good you'd look in that Stars and Stripes helmet.

Comment

Mowjunk...thanks for the info. Let us all know how this machine works out. I have been looking to get into a better TIG setup. If you go to the Miller site at the above "Welding Links" you can get a .pdf copy of the manual. It shows the new model including the meters and how they operate. They function as a help/troubleshooting display in addition to the volts and amps. The fan on demand and hot start are nice to have as well. Looks pretty nice overall, and a great update to an already good machine. In the meantime, I'll get by with my HH175 and continue to do a little TIG with my Champion 16.

Comment

Thanks for the info Mowjunk it will come in handy, I hope to be able to order one very soon, I was going to order one from Cyberweld. Do any of you have any pro's or con's when it comes to dealing with them?
                        thanks again
                        dan

Comment

I ordered a special order part from them and they treated me well. They were fast and nice to deal with. Would definiately recommend them.

Comment

I too have had great service from Cyberweld! I'd give em a thumbs up for sure... They usually drop ship the larger welders directly from the factory.

Chris

Comment

Hey Russell, I just ate me a can of viennas. Thanks a lot for that thought.....lol. They were still good, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X