airbrush a helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airbrush a helmet

Any reason why a welding helmet couldn't be airbrushed? My bro is getting started and our neighbor is really into airbrushing. I was thinking of surprising him with a customized hood. Plus plain black is usually cheaper.

A guy at work has his speedglass painted. It looks great.

Comment

Just make sure that he uses a paint that won't fade with all the UV it will be exposed to. Some people wonder why when it will get spatter on it and scratched and ... But I want to get mine done sometime, just cuz! Post pics when it's done.

Dave
      Still building my new old truck - see the progress!
      http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/65...-coe-idea.html
      http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=27017

Square Wave TIG 200 - Woot!
      MM180
      SP125+

Comment

Only reason I could think not to do it would be your making the outside surface more flamable? Uncrichie.

Comment

There is a market for this. I was just thinking about it yesterday as well. Amazing to see the post. Interesting coincidence.

About twelve years ago, I had my motorcycle helmet custom airbrushed to match my bike. Just/Herm designs did it. Absolutely outstanding work, right down to logos and some artwork I wanted added. $350 for the paint. that was twelve years ago, and I paid it.

I bet there are guys out there that would pop that amount for a custom job on their welding helmets.

The way my Speedglas looks now after a year of use, I am glad I diidn't pop for paint.

If I could airbrush, I'd do it myself though.
          Last edited by prowess; 09-13-2007, 09:09 PM.

Hobart StickMate LX 235 AC/DC
          Hobart Handler 125 EZ
          Hobart Handler 187
          Champion 4500
          Mag-Power MP 55 Plasma
          Lincoln Precision TIG 185
          Smith O/A

Clarke 95e

Comment

Working...
          X