Plasma Cutting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasma Cutting

hi guy's im interested in getting a plasma cutter. has any one used an HTP Micro Cut 380?

it looks like the one at harbor freight , thanks

I just did a super quick search and found it on the web. Go to: http://www.usaweld.com/product_page/...tters/380.html to learn more.
    I never used one. Good Luck.

Comment

I would guess any plasma cutter is better than no plasma cutter. With the HTP plasma cutter your really limiting source of consumables so you will need ready spares. Try it and if you don't like return it. I wouldn't buy it if you couldn't return without penalty.

Comment

thanks for the reply Roger, I think your right. I found apretty good price on a Miller Spectrum 375. The place is off the internet
        Welders Direct, have you or any one else out there ever delt with this company? FYI Harbor Freight sells the same plasma cutter as HTP for $50 less....
        thanks again

Comment

HI GUYS.......... I WILL HAVE THAT CHECKED OUT.... DANV AND I ACTUALLY TALKED ABOUT IT THIS MORNING..............HE WORKS HERE AT MILLER ELECTRIC IN THE PLASMA CUTTING DEPARTMENT . IF IT IS THE 375 I THINK BOTH HE AND I WILL BE BLOWN AWAY................. BUT I WILL HAVE DANV TAKE ANOTHER LOOK.......AT THE 375 AND THE HTP......... WILL LOOK IN THE AM MY DAY IS DONE HERE..............ROCK.........
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by BULLTERRIOR
            thanks for the reply Roger, I think your right. I found apretty good price on a Miller Spectrum 375. The place is off the internet
            Welders Direct, have you or any one else out there ever delt with this company? FYI Harbor Freight sells the same plasma cutter as HTP for $50 less....
            thanks again
            You can get a better deal for the Miller Spectrum 375 at Cyberweld.com. I don t work for them I just checked out the Welders Direct price and then Cyberwelds. You might even check out local supply store in your area, that is if any exist. I see that welders Direct wanted a $100 more than my local store charged me for my Hypertherm Powermax 380.
            MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
            Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Roger , how do you like your Hypertherm?
              I called around today and $1150 is about the best I could find on the Miller.
              Some of the guys suggested the Thermo Dynamics 38XL, Thermo Dynamics I found it in town for $999. Do you have any knowlage on this brand?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Rock
                HI GUYS.......... I WILL HAVE THAT CHECKED OUT.... DANV AND I ACTUALLY TALKED ABOUT IT THIS MORNING..............HE WORKS HERE AT MILLER ELECTRIC IN THE PLASMA CUTTING DEPARTMENT . IF IT IS THE 375 I THINK BOTH HE AND I WILL BE BLOWN AWAY................. BUT I WILL HAVE DANV TAKE ANOTHER LOOK.......AT THE 375 AND THE HTP......... WILL LOOK IN THE AM MY DAY IS DONE HERE..............ROCK.........
                [email protected]
                Miller does not manufacture a unit for HTP. DanV

Comment

Hello Dan V
                  I think I have been misunderstood, Harbor Freight has a unit that looks like HTP's unit (Micro Cutt 380)..
                  I did not mean the Miller

Thank you
                  Bullterrior

Comment

HTP and Harbor Freight

The guy from HTP told me that they are the same and the only difference is that HTP stocks parts for it and Harbor Freight does not.

Comment

Working...
                    X