Who makes welders for Snap-On?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
    The dealer here acted insulted I wanted to pay cash, charges extra for that.
    Extra for cash on the barrelhead! I can't imagine!
    Driver never has a problem with cash. That's the only way I've ever paid him.
    Now that you mention it, I guess I do get a discount for paying cash too!
    The final price, which includes tax, gets rounded down to the closest dollar
    Last edited by malibu101; 07-27-2007, 01:35 PM. Reason: sspellling
    MillerMatic 175
    Thermal Dynamics Drag-Gun plasma
    Airco Bumblebee AC/DC SMAW
    Victor Super-Range II oxy-act

Comment

Originally posted by malibu101 View Post
      Extra for cash on the barrelhead! I can't imagine!
      Driver never has a problem with cash. That's the only way I've ever paid him.
      Now that you mention it, I guess I do get a discount for paying cash too!
      The final price, which includes tax, gets rounded down to the closest dollar
      'tried to check into a major hotel lately using cash?? They'll let you "cash out", but have already put a healthy overload "reserve" on your credit card you neede to check in. Don't want to use a credit card? Hmmm...they'll think you are up to something...perhaps a towel Theft ring...or Rustlin' Little Soap bars and Shampoos!! A rental car is another story!! I tried to go all cash, no credit cards about 25 years ago, and had to give up and start flippin' plastic again. Its like you're from outer space when you try to go cash!
      I really don't like everthing I buy, everywhere I go being stored in big computers somewhere....but it all is! Even your grocery lists, and what you had for dinner at Mc Donalds. ..George Orwell wasn't too far off...and now various cities are installing "Street Cams"...just like in "1984"...
      "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

No, it was more like I wasn't worth the effort since I wasn't a weekly customer, I would have thought someone jumping on at a regular stop would have been a welcome bonus but he musta been beside himself selling the impact that a couple of wrenches seem like no big deal. But he does know where to put his effort. I ain't likely to dump what I got for new, pretty much got it all anyway.
        http://www.facebook.com/cary.urka.urkafarms

Comment

Guys that got all that stuff got to guard it too, I got guys that work for me and some loss happens, replacement costs are a factor. Every once in a while a guy asks, you want me to bring some of my own tools, or friends bring their stuff. Nope, we got it all. I dont want to sort around other peoples stuff, pretty quick its, who's socket is that? And if we ain't got enough to go around we will buy more.
          I see a tire dealer, nice store out front but the infrastructure is pitiful and about 6 guys looking for the right socket. Man, I would have boxes, 6 of each size I needed. They get the work done and business is good and a little inefficiency dont hurt but some upgrade would pay off and drive several long term costs down.
          http://www.facebook.com/cary.urka.urkafarms

Comment

Here's a good example of SO hype... I found this beauty on Craigs List, the dude says it was only used 10 times and he's lettin' it go for only a grand!

Sure looks like my buddies Monkey Wards compressor from the 80's. I'll pass on this one, my 1980 Sears/Devilbiss is still going strong. I had a friend (bodywork/painter) that bought a used 60 gallon 2 cyl Sears upright off the SO truck, $150 delivered. Someone musta got a major screwing on that deal!
            Last edited by Bern_F150_4X4; 07-29-2007, 09:17 AM.
            Hobart Handler 140
            Hobart auto-darkening hood
            Craftsman 180 Amp AC Buzz box (late 60's?)
            Craftsman 2HP 20 gal air compressor
            Craftsman 12 inch band saw w/speed reducer
            HF green 4 x 6 band saw
            HF 12 speed drill press (mid 80's Tiwanees )
            10 x 20 shop

“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again intelligently”
            Henry Ford

Comment

I have had a snapon welder 2 different times they are good it has 100% duty cycle. You can weld and weld and weld. And it works on 115 volts I know people like to make fun of them on here but they are durable weld a great bead . It's not as good as my miller 230v 250 but for a 115v welder it's way better than all of other 115v welders and it has the wire feeder that can come outside and leaving my machine and my tank in the back of my truck. So I can weld a good 30 feet from my machine. It works great on a cheap 3000watt generator also that made it awesome while remodeling my Bus on a lot with no utilities.

Comment

Working...
              X