Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linc. weldanpower 225 NO OUTPUT? HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linc. weldanpower 225 NO OUTPUT? HELP!!!!!

I have a g7 lincoln weldanpower it runs but has no output. Can anybody give me any advice on how to troubleshoot it. There are no burnt wires or diodes that are blown. The brushes are good and thats as far as I can get. I have some elec. knowledge but I seem to have a brain fart and cant figure what excites this thing and maybe its simple. Please help. Anybody have a repair manual? I downloaded the owner operator and parts manuals and they have the wiring diagrams but i dont know where the power should be and when.

I can't say for sure be some just use residual magnitism to excite them. If it's been idle you may have to put a voltage to the coils for instant to create the needed magnitism to start it generating. Hopefully Ventureline will come along and can be more specific.
    Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
    Millermatic Challenger 172
    VictorO/A
    Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
    Esab PCM-875
    Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

Originally posted by tailshaft56 View Post
      I can't say for sure be some just use residual magnitism to excite them. If it's been idle you may have to put a voltage to the coils for instant to create the needed magnitism to start it generating. Hopefully Ventureline will come along and can be more specific.

If it sat idle for a long time I agree. The first thing I would do is excite the field. I have done it on older Miller welders. Someone will pop up with the right procedure for your unit. I don't want to tell you wrong info and let the smoke out.

Comment

Yes it was sitting for a long time and it had the carb rebuilt then supposedly it didnt weld after that. I checked and cannot get power anywhere. So ANy help to start on tracking the power will help. I dont want to let out the smoke either so im gonna be extra carefull in checking and jumping it.

Comment

Well........

Got a code NUMBER? There is a slow blow fuse on the back bulkhead that supplies exciter voltage from the eng alt. Also a bridge rectifiyer. Call Lincoln at 888 935 3877, have code num, check voltage readings at weld terminals and AC outlets. Just finished a machine that had been in storage for 10 years with the same problem.

Frank
          XMT 300CC/CV (yes it still works)
          Bobcat 225, Hobart Hefty CC/CV wire feeder, Profax spool gun,Victor & Smith O/A, Lincoln Tombstone(sold), Airco HF box (old Miller) MM175, IR 4KW gen set,all paid for, all work. My newest addition MM130 salvaged from a Kitrina flood area. Cleaned up and works great. . Just added a Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC, total cost to repair both less than $200.00, they both work great...another Katrina cast off.

Comment

9444 is the code and i havent seen a fuse. Where exactly would it be? I have no voltage at any terminals.
            Last edited by slimpickens; 08-30-2006, 11:10 AM. Reason: missing info

Comment

Try this.........

Go to Lincoln webb site, hit products,then operaters manuals, type in your code #, when the screen shows the code # and the IM #click on the red code #. The manuel will be in PDF format. Read or print out. The trouble shooting lists about 10 items to check. Total of 24 pages. If you still have problems call Lincoln at the # I gave in my last post. Good luck.

Frank
              Bobcat 225, Hobart Hefty CC/CV wire feeder, Profax spool gun,Victor & Smith O/A, Lincoln Tombstone(sold), Airco HF box (old Miller) MM175, IR 4KW gen set,all paid for, all work. My newest addition MM130 salvaged from a Kitrina flood area. Cleaned up and works great. . Just added a Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC, total cost to repair both less than $200.00, they both work great...another Katrina cast off.

Comment

Hey thanks I actually have those saved on my computer but seem to have overlooked the troublshooter page every time. I tested the thing today and I realized that the starter solenoid was bad and had been bypassing it and juming the starter the power feed to the board goes through the solenoid. I jumped it too and i got power at the outlets the 115v outlets are getting about 87v at idle and climb as high as 155v at higher engine speed is this normal or what regulates thi ac votage? I havent tried to strike an arc yet. I guess im may be just plain dumb here or maybe these 16 hour days are draggin me down. Dang those high gas prices it sucks that you have to work a couple of hours just to pay to get to work. Sorry I just had to vent a little.

Comment

Stop .... please

Put eng on high run, check voltage at outlets...about 124 volt AC and OCV at weld terminals about 80 volt DC. Eng RPM is used to set voltage. Check the specs and set to them. 155VAC will FRY your stuff,DO NOT let out the magic smoke. I think 3700 rpm was the high rpm setting with no load.

Frank
                  Last edited by frank; 08-31-2006, 05:51 AM. Reason: for got sumtin

Comment

where and how

Where is the coil on the g7 because it doesn't show it on the wiring diagram? and how much juice do you need to energize the coil, 110 220 or what?

Comment

G7 welder

Hello there,

If your machine is an Weln N Power 225G7, then here are a few things you will need to check.

First, verify that the full wave bridge rectifier is good ( that is the little black square box with four connection.)

There is also an capacitor, that actually handles the "Flashing" of your exciter slip rings on your rotor. If this capacitor is shorted it will not FLASH your rotor, and so your output will be zero on everything.

That being said, the capacitor is charged from the engine alternator located underneath the flywheel. If the alternator is out, then you won't weld either.

Now, one of the last possible cause, if all else checks out, is that the weld field/idler control board is faulty. Although, this is not usually the case.

I know you said you checked the brushes, but unless you ohmed through them to the surface of the slip rings; you can not be sure that the connection is good enough.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Im having the same problem on my weldanpower 225 / 210. Will everything be the same on it also?

Comment

Working...
                        X