MillerMatic 135 or MillerMatic 175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MillerMatic 135 or MillerMatic 175

Can't decide which to go with. MillerMatic 135 or MillerMatic 175 ?

I intend to weld square tube. not thicker than 1/8".

Other than power requirements, how do the two machines differ.

Thanks in advance,
    Steve

For now we will assume that you aren t going to weld any thicker than 1/8". Both of these machines will weld 1/8" material with a solid wire and C25 or CO 2 shielding gas. The first major difference that this bring up between both machine is the duty cycle. The MM 175 has a 30% duty @ 130 amps. Where as the MM 135 has about a 10% duty cycle @ 130 amps. 1/8" material is going to be welded at an amperage setting close to 130 amps. So what this means in every 10 minute time period you would be able to weld with the MM 175 for 3 minutes and with the MM 135 a total of one minute. So your first plus for the MM 175 is based on both machines being set at the same amperage you get a longer period of time that you can actually weld, without having to let the machine rest. personally, I don t think that I need to state anything else. The MM 175 is the far superior machine. At best the MM 135 or any of the 135 machines are a borderline welder for 3/16" material with a very low duty cycle. If it is a money issue save yourself a $100 an get a HH 175 . For the novice welder the 4 voltage selector switch will make learning to weld a little easier. Sometimes giving an inexperienced operator to much control can be a disadvantage. I ve had my HH 175 for about two years now and am pleased with its over all performance. Like my MM 210 more though.

Put your money toward one of the 175 amp machines and you won t regret it . Don t do like quite few people who have came to this site. They bought the smalller 120 volt machine and later replaced it with a 175 amp machine. With the amount of money they spent they could of had a MM 210 . However its your money and your choice , Im just trying to give you the most honest opinion that I can.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

I would agree with Dan. I have a hh135 and should have gotten a 220 v machine, but Iam still very pleased with the hh135 and how portable it is. I have used this so many times where there has not been access to a 220v outlet to use. Since Iam just starting with welding, I think the hh135 is a good choice and can always be used later, as a second unit for use when you dont have 220v access. I know I plan on getting a 220v unit later, but would skip over the hh175 unit, and get a heaver duty unit. At least that is the story that Iam going to give to my wife.
      Thanks
      Gary Wolboldt

Comment

135 vs 175

DeMars,
        Just in case you have not yet; read the posts under Series 135, started by JohnnyJ. Lots of discussion of 135 on 115VAC vs 175 on 220VAC.
        Bob

Comment

HI DE MARS.........HEY HIT THE SEARCH BUTTON AND ENJOY...... TON'S OF INFO ALREADY AND LOTS OF PRO'S AND CON'S..... NEED MORE INFO DO THE SEARCH ON THE OLD WEB PAGE....... 3 YEARS WORTH OF INFO THERE.................ROCK.........
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X