Air Saw Blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Saw Blades?

Hey guys I just ordered me a new air saw. I have never used one or had one. So I was wondering what you guys use for air saw blades? I guess in other words can you use jigsaw blades? are they the same thing? Or do you have to get the special air saw blades. If so where can you get them, like Lowes, Home Depot. Good old local stores. thanks guys, Chet
    A realitycheck is a time in your life where you do a check of your heart. A time you check where your relationship with God is and where it’s going. Then you make a decision as to where your going from here.

Everyman dies, Few men truly live!

Originally posted by realitycheck
    If so where can you get them, like Lowes, Home Depot.
    yes and yes

Comment

Can you use jig saw blades or do you need to use the specialized air saw blades?
      A realitycheck is a time in your life where you do a check of your heart. A time you check where your relationship with God is and where it’s going. Then you make a decision as to where your going from here.

Comment

When I had an air saw, I used regular bi-metal hack saw blades. I broke them to length and ground the end down to match the stock blade that came with the saw. Seemed to work fine.

Comment

Anybody else, what do you guys do?
          Thanks for the help TJJ, I just dont feel like going through all that too get my blades. I'd just rather buy them done. But I dont really want to go to three different stores before I can find them. If I can walk in walmart and buy some jig saw blades.

Comment

Anybody? I cant believe im not getting many responses this place is usually a wealth of knowledge

Comment

Anybody? I cant believe im not getting many responses this place is usually a wealth of knowledge
              I'm thinking most of us don't have air saws. I don't.

Check the owners manual for your saw and see what the end of the blade looks like. I'm guessing that it will look like a sawsall blade, but I don't know. At any rate, blades are pretty standardized and you should be able to find what you need at your local HD or Lowes. If not, try the auto parts store. I'm sure they will have, a least, a small assortment.

Dave
              HH187, TA 185 AC/DC Arcmaster, Hypertherm Powermax 380 Plasma
              Smithy 1220 LX Lathe
              Peter Wright 132 (198lbs) anvil
              Hoods: Jackson Nexgen and Hobart/Miller XLi
              Victor compatible med duty OA setup
              Chop Saw, 4x6 Band Saw

Comment

What do you use there billdacatt? A sawzall or what?

Comment

What do you use there billdacatt? A sawzall or what?
                  I've got a couple of sawsalls (both electric and cordless), jigsaw, hacksaw, O/A torch, Plasma, 4x6 bandsaw, grinder w/cutoff wheels, dremel, and a chopsaw. The only air tools I have are a couple of nailers and a die grinder. The compressor is used for the plasma most days.

I just checked the HD website and they DO carry airsaw blades.
                  http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS....jsp?pn=168274

After doing that little search I see now, they are a little different than a sawsall blade. They are missing the little tab on the end. Could work in a pinch though. Just cut the tab off.

It should not be too hard to find them. Lots of guys use them for muffler and body work. You can also try Enco. They have just about everything.
                  Good luck!
                  Dave
                  Smithy 1220 LX Lathe
                  Chop Saw, 4x6 Band Saw

Comment

Yeah the saw just came in from fed-ex. I looked at the blades and saw that you couldnt use jig saw blades cause the shank on them is too small. Thanks for all your help dave. I guess i'll just have to stock up at the HD, too bad they're not as close as lowes oh well.
                    That little sawzall blade at the bottom looks promising. If like you said I was in a pinch.

Comment

Yeah the saw just came in from fed-ex. I looked at the blades and saw that you couldnt use jig saw blades cause the shank on them is too small. Thanks for all your help dave. I guess i'll just have to stock up at the HD, too bad they're not as close as lowes oh well.
                      That little sawzall blade at the bottom looks promising. If like you said I was in a pinch.
                      If HD carries them, it's a pretty safe bet that lowes has them too.
                      Smithy 1220 LX Lathe
                      Chop Saw, 4x6 Band Saw

Comment

J&L, MSC, McMaster, all carry a good selection. Larger auto supply stores can order them for you, as lots of body shops use this tool. I've made them but that's a PITA for as little as they cost to buy. Be sure to get only the bimetal blade, and use some kind of lube (TapMagic works well). Way better than a plasma cutter if the area is confined, or something nearby could get burned.

http://www.jlindustrial.com/endeca/s...Keyword+Search

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last blades I bought are Sterling Pneu-Saw™, from Industrial Tool Co. http://www.industrialtool.com/Sterli.../sterling8.htm

The maker is Diamond Saw Works http://www.diamondsaw.com/products.htm
                        Last edited by precisionworks; 05-25-2006, 07:17 PM.
                        Barry Milton

HTP Invertig 201
                        HTP MIG2400

Trailblazer 302, Spoolmatic 30A, Suitcase 12RC
                        Clarke Hotshot

Comment

Hi there you can use jig saw blades in them but need to be carefull not to over tighten the lock screw its a pain to get the bent blades out. hope this helps
                          [email protected] one welding truck trailblazer 301g w/ spool/mig/plasma/drill press/ band saw/ and all the other stuff to do this/and air compresser

Comment

I always use hacksaw blades with mine. I like the Lenox blades, they are expensive but they last the longest.
                            Millermatic 251
                            Miller DialarcHF AC/DC Tig/Stick
                            Millermatic 135 (sold)
                            Miller Cutmate 375
                            Victor O/A rig
                            Optrel Satelite Hood

Comment

Unless you grind it & shorten it, how can a jig saw or hack saw blade be used in one of these:

Barry Milton

HTP Invertig 201
                              HTP MIG2400

Trailblazer 302, Spoolmatic 30A, Suitcase 12RC
                              Clarke Hotshot

Comment

Working...
                              X