chicago elecric welding systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicago elecric welding systems

does anyone have this welder, and if so can you tell me what you think of it?http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91811

thanks Ken
    www.myspace.com/kenswelding

re:

its a cheap low end , with non standard consumables , tractor supply sells them, most welding supply comapnies, or major gas suppliers will not have that stuff, its definately cheap... id save and at least get a hobart 140, or the lincoln 135T, economical for hobby use , both cheap, but easy to get parts and consumables for, tips, liners, nozzles, diffusers, etc. may have trouble getting parts for the chicago, i see it all the time , they walk in with that stuff, and we send them back to tractor supply,
    t would be worth saving up fo the other..

Comment

I think he may be looking for a welding report on the machine? Uncrichie...

Comment

Keep in mind HF is pretty good on taking back anything that doesn't work or you are not happy with. That machine has some serious limitations. Scratch start and lack of remote for starters. If you can live with them and the HF is all you can afford it would be an OK welder. I thought about getting one before I bought my TA but in the end I decided I wouldn't be happy even if the box worked perfect. My preference would be to find a used tig or save for a new one. One of the big advantages to tig is the ability to throttle the output.
        Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
        Millermatic Challenger 172
        VictorO/A
        Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
        Esab PCM-875
        Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

im just mainly looking for a cheap tig welder that I can kinda put around with. I use a thermal arc tig welder at my work. I was just wondering if this welder was worth the money. thanks for the input
          www.myspace.com/kenswelding

Comment

Her's some input. Seems a couple of guys have them.

http://www.weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=3089
            Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
            Millermatic Challenger 172
            VictorO/A
            Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
            Esab PCM-875
            Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

Working...
            X