Handler 175 gun question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handler 175 gun question

I have a simple question. Why is it that the handler 175 is rated for 175 amps but the H 10 gun is only rated for 100? Maybe I have misunderstood the manual but that is the way it looks to me.

Thanks

Your simple question has a simple answer to it. The welding gun has a duty cycle rating to it just like the welder . The H - 10 guns duty cycle is 60% @ 100 amps if you are using C25 shielding gas. The HH 175 has roughly a 50% duty cycle @ 100amps, which is a lower rating than the gun. So what this means is the guns maximum amperage capability isn t 100 amps. It can be used at a higher current, but as the current increases the length of time the gun can be used decreases. I would assume that the guns duty cycle stays pretty consistent with the duty cycle of the HH 175 . At a 175 amps the HH 175 has a 20% duty cycle, and the gun is probably slightly better than this based on the 100 amp rating comparison.
    Last edited by Dan; 09-24-2002, 05:11 PM.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

That makes sense. I understand duty cycle, just didn't realize the gun had one seperately from the machine.

Thanks

Comment

Hunter, Very good Question and I believe Dan has answered the question right on the money.
        Thanks
        Dave Evans

Comment

Working...
        X