face shield for Plasma cutting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• face shield for Plasma cutting

bear with me boys im a n00b here. i have a Hyprtherm 1000 plasma cutter. i am looking for some kind of tinted full face shield to use when i am cutting. the manual stated to use a #7 tint with it.

does anyone make one of these or am i gonna be stuck wearing my goggles?

p.s. sonce i have found this forum i love it. great bunch of folks here!!!!

JASON

yammahoppy,

Welcome to the forum!

Not sure about the # 7 tint but I think you can find what you are looking for at just about any weld supply. I have one that I use for O/A and plasma. Clear, I use for grinding & wire brush on angle grinder.

I'll look at mine..............
    ........Mine is a Jackson shade 5. It's 8" high and about 16" wide.

I also wear safety glasses under the face shield.

Again, Welcome!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Haak; 05-06-2003, 08:10 PM.
    "Some days you're the dog, some days you're the fire hydrant"

Comment

Re: face shield for Plasma cutting

Originally posted by yammahoppy
      bear with me boys im a n00b here. i have a Hyprtherm 1000 plasma cutter. i am looking for some kind of tinted full face shield to use when i am cutting. the manual stated to use a #7 tint with it.

does anyone make one of these or am i gonna be stuck wearing my goggles?

p.s. sonce i have found this forum i love it. great bunch of folks here!!!!

JASON
      Welcome aboard. I would be tempted to wear goggles for the eye protection if nothing else. Where in Texas are you?

Comment

where i live

thanks for the tips guys.

Cope i live in Conroe. i work for our school district police department. i am trying to start a little ornamental iron business on the side and hope some day to quit being the police and work for myself.

JASON

Comment

There are a few more of us Houston area guys here. I live in Southwest Houston and there is one guy in Spring, one in NW Houston, one in Southeast Houston and one in Alvin. The Michigan and Oregon contingents better take notice, or we may just take over this forum.

Comment

HAHA...looks like you already have. To bad we all aren't closer...what a blast.
            Short Term Memory GONE!!
            Hobby Weldor/Machinist
            Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

yammahoppy,

Make sure you check out ChadRats "stuff". It might be right up your alley. Also check his website.

Dave
              "Some days you're the dog, some days you're the fire hydrant"

Comment

IS yammahoppy

like this one?

Comment

Originally posted by deere_x475guy
                  HAHA...looks like you already have. To bad we all aren't closer...what a blast.
                  I hang out a lot(or did before I found this place) at a varmint hunting board. Those guys travel all over the country to shoot and hunt together. We could all find a central spot and descend on the place one weekend. It would make Sturgis look like a Sunday School picnic. Don't know where we could go that would have enough KW of power for all these welders, but it would be a neat experience.
                  Last edited by cope; 05-06-2003, 08:53 PM.

Comment

WHOOHOOO....motorize my 251 and ride it like I use to my Harley......

Dang....the good ole days....

I was going to buy another one last year and bought my JD instead.......hmmmmm

Bob
                    Short Term Memory GONE!!
                    Hobby Weldor/Machinist
                    Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

FINALLY! Another Law enforcment officer I was gettin' lonely here...I thought maybe I was the only one with a badge and a welder
                      Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
                      The Next Loud Noise You Hear Is Me!

Comment

im trying to give up the badge and keep the welder. hope i can do it. it is something i have always wanted to do. welding or blacksmithing (not horse shoeing). i told the wife one day that is what i wanted to do and she said go for it. so i bought a bunch of tools and finally got the shop the way i want it. all i need to do is make a cart for my plasma cutter and some stands to go w/ the chop saw and ill be set. only been welding/fabricating for about 1 month and already made 2 2'x4' welding tables and some brackets to hold my metal on the wall. now i just got to start making stuff i can sell.
                        i almost forgot. my first project was a stand for my chop saw made out of an old bedframe.

wish me luck

JASON

Comment

Yammahoppy & Arbo

Add one more welding cop here, hence the MEMFUZZ as in Memphis Police. Course fuzz was slang for police when I was in about the 6th grade. And if you guys want a central place to meet, ya'll should come to Memphis weekend after next for the BBQ cooking championship at Memphis In May.
                          Have you inventoried your property today?

Comment

thats funny i was born in Memphis. dad was in the NAVY back then. never been back but i hear that Memphis in May is a blast. i saw a show on A&E about the bbq competition. but there aint nuthinlike Texas BBQ.

JASON

Comment

10 more years and I'm outta here. grew up on a farm and I intend to die one one if I can. texas is great, wished I had a small farm there. I mean about 75 to 100 acres, to a TEXAN I guess that's a big back yard!
                              Have you inventoried your property today?

Comment

Working...
                              X