Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Sprayer For Painting Metal Projects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Sprayer For Painting Metal Projects.

I've been looking around for a paint sprayer to paint my projects with. I found one that I like and from the description it would be perfect for my projects. Most of them use small size metal like 1/2" to 2" flat bar and 1/4" round bar. It's the Wagner Fine Spray Painter System - 0414010. I can't find any reviews anywere on it. Does anyone know anything about this unit? Is it any good? I found reviews for Wagner painters similar to this one which they gave it good reviews. Except for one series which some people say is hard to keep clean so it doesn't clog up.
    Sometimes you have to create, What you want to be a part of.

If i was going to spray metal again it would be with a HVLP turbine set up from http://www.tptools.com it would be one of their non air compressor needed sprayers...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab
    Salem, Ohio
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    http://www.ceilingtrains.com/
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sawking/
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbend10k/

Comment

paint sprayers

Howdy Howdy! I have had excellent results with a CH wally world special standard (pre-HVLP style) air compressor spray gun. the gun is about 40$. I use an 8 gallon wheelbarrow type gas powered compressor, it puts out about 7-9 CFM. It uses about 3-4 CFM, so even a pancake compressor would work if you had another cheepie 10 gallon tank inline for added volume. Those are about 30$ at wally world too. then a hose, about 13$ at wally world, and the compressor best cheepie work well deal, is at schucks auto supply, for an all trades, or trades-pro compressor. they're about 99$. oh yeah, a coupling kit too. so, about 200$ total. And then you have a mild compressor for all sorts of other things too And MUCH better then anything Wagner makes. No plastic, except the actual paint reservoir. Variable pattern, paint volume, air volume, air pressure, particle size... blah blah... my recomendation. for a basic, decent last a long time painting system. Use it for your deck, or anything else oil based... latex too if thinned down just a bit. Brian Lee Sparkeee24 P.S. stay away from wagner... trust me

Comment

I bought a cheap walmart special auto painter,not the cheapest around 60.I use it for painting all my metal but you need a compressor.I think it is the easiest thing I have ever used to clean,it also does a good job painting.I wished I would of found this thing 15 years ago.
        You don't need directions if you have good pictures.

Comment

I get great results with the Q4 turbine and the gun that came with it from www. fujispray.com.
          tjb

Comment

I have an Ingersol Rand HVLP gun I use for general painting. I'm extremely happy with it, but it was on the costly side at 99$. Any decent compressor capable of about 8cfm sustained output will run it.
            Where is it that fancy's bred..
            In the heart or in the head?

Fairlady Build.

Comment

A HF gun will do the job for you. The last time that I used an airless was to shoot on some ceiling paint. I painted my lathe with a touch up gun. It did a good job but the tiny pot was sure easy to tip over.
              What do I know I am just an electronics technician.

Comment

Hey Mike

I use a lil Gravity fed HVLP gun for Enamels and 2 pot Polyurethanes and such. Works well and requires very little air. For big jobs when using water based Acrilics and such I use a pressure pot like this:

They put alot of paint on fast!

This can be found at:
                http://www.hvlp.com/accessories/turbine_accessories.htm

Andrew
                Andrew.

CIGWELD Transmig 250 Remote!!
                Weld NZ 160amp DC pulse/DC Tig / Stick
                Telwin Bimax 152 Mig
                NZIG Handi AC Stick
                NZIG Comet 3 O/A Set

Comment

That looks great Skooter. I have a two quart HF pressure pot gun that I lasted used to paint my house with.
                  What do I know I am just an electronics technician.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike W
                    That looks great Skooter. I have a two quart HF pressure pot gun that I lasted used to paint my house with.
                    Cool. They're quick but ya gotta set em up right and ya sure gotta keep em moving. I try to stay away from painting. When I painted my Skooter I used a 2 pak Polyurethane. After an etch primer, and then painting with that stuff -all of which I thinned with universal thinner-and realising that my resperator had a leak it was too late!!! Paint fume Headache!! Bloodshot eyes!! The works. I guess they ain't kidding when they say VENTILATE WELL! haha . Lesson learned .

Anyway. Have fun at work Mike. Its a quarter to 12 and I'm Tired.

Andrew
                    Andrew.

Telwin Bimax 152 Mig
                    NZIG Handi AC Stick
                    NZIG Comet 3 O/A Set

Comment

Originally posted by Skooter
                      Cool. They're quick but ya gotta set em up right and ya sure gotta keep em moving. I try to stay away from painting. When I painted my Skooter I used a 2 pak Polyurethane. After an etch primer, and then painting with that stuff -all of which I thinned with universal thinner-and realising that my resperator had a leak it was too late!!! Paint fume Headache!! Bloodshot eyes!! The works. I guess they ain't kidding when they say VENTILATE WELL! haha . Lesson learned .

Anyway. Have fun at work Mike. Its a quarter to 12 and I'm Tired.

Andrew
                      Hey Skooter.....you are right, these new paints are bad stuff to breath.....nice wheels
                      Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
                      Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
                      Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
                      Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown
                        Hey Skooter.....you are right, these new paints are bad stuff to breath.....nice wheels
                        Thanks George.

Yeah I think I probably killed a few brain cells. I guess there weren't that many to start with But I'm alright ( hands shake uncontrolably......). Perhaps thats why there's so many dopey painters?

Andrew
                        Andrew.

Telwin Bimax 152 Mig
                        NZIG Handi AC Stick
                        NZIG Comet 3 O/A Set

Comment

Paint Gun

Have used one similar to this, for my smaller projects, brackets etc.. They operate ok on about 30 psi, so overspray is minimal. Quite unlike those larger ones.

http://www.homier.com/detail.asp?dpt=&cat=&sku=02729
                          Last edited by Westchester; 12-14-2005, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I'll have to check out HF and the other links tomorrow. I need to go to bed I just got off work and I have to be back at 5:00 in the morning. The manager quit last week and I got moved up to manager. Which is good for me more money . But until we hire someone to work my old position. I'll be working 12 to 14 hours a day. By the way here's the link to the wagner painter I was talking about.

http://doityourself.com/store/8012445.htm
                            Sometimes you have to create, What you want to be a part of.

Comment

how do you hook up that air compressor to the extra tank i have a 5 gallon with a 5 horse would love and extra 10 gallons
                              Capitol Punishment

Comment

Working...
                              X