which machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which machine

precision tig 185 from lincoln, or the 180 sinchrowave from miller. Which one is the overall best.
    Miller 175
    Lincoln Idealarc Dinosuar
    Miller Maxstar
    Miller Sinchrowave 180
    Lincoln 225 ac/dc arc
    hypertherm Plasma cutter

You mean the Syncrowave 200?

Comment

no, i mean the 180.
      Miller 175
      Lincoln Idealarc Dinosuar
      Miller Maxstar
      Miller Sinchrowave 180
      Lincoln 225 ac/dc arc
      hypertherm Plasma cutter

Comment

I can't answer objectively.

I have the 180 SD so I have a blue bias. But then I have a pc-300 on top too.

Comment

I haven't welded with a Synch 180 but have used the PT-185 at the local votech. Pt 185 is a good machine but the torch and hose leave something to be desired as far as wear on the cloth covering and the torch stripped out on the backcap the first week the school had it. Looking at the specs it appears the synch might have a little better duty cycle but thats a judgement call because of the different points the two manufacturers use to rate duty cycle. If I remember right we checked the duty cycle graph that came with the lincoln against the Miller spec in the catalog. The new kid and probably soon to be champion in that class now is the synch 200. I had stopped by Lampton Welding supply in Tulsa to see if they had a spec sheet. The guy behind the counter was surprised anyone around here knew of it as it's not been released in this part of the country yet. He only knew because he was back at a Miller school the week before last.

Dennis
          Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
          Millermatic Challenger 172
          VictorO/A
          Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
          Esab PCM-875
          Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

Working...
          X