Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limited to one machine, what would it be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X never tried one, never will

i like being married i shop and 3 20 ft containers full of toys, i mean TOOLS

Comment

<snip>So, about the only two units I'd consider running now would be a MM Passport, and a TA 185.<snip>

Dan Please don't, under any circumstances try out the Thermal Arc 185TSW.....cuz if you do , you will be waiting to buy the Passport even longer
      Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
      Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
      Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
      Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
        Scott, So we're looking at probably at least $2500 for the 350 MPI power source? Then another $1200+ for a feeder? Yeah, I don't think I'll be test driving a 350 MPI anytime soon. Like i said before, if i can't afford it, I don't want to run it. So, about the only two units I'd consider running now would be a MM Passport, and a TA 185.

In my defense on the ESAB 250 once my supply store started stocking the unit it didn't take to long before I made the jump. I will admit to pig headness on the SP 175+ though.
        They are about the same as a XMT 304 $3,000.00
        $1800 for the feeder with pulse / meter/ dual schedule option.

That is why the MM-350p and the PM-350 are such a deal.
        Although for me, not enough of one.
        Esab 2200 AC/DC
        Thermal 211i
        Thermal Pee-wee 85s
        Smith O/A plus mini torch
        Smith machine torch
        LN-25 pro
        LF-72 feeder
        Edwards 65 ton
        5X10 CNC table
        Victor A-120
        Miller Shopmate 300DX
        S-74D feeder

Remember good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown
          <snip>So, about the only two units I'd consider running now would be a MM Passport, and a TA 185.<snip>

Dan Please don't, under any circumstances try out the Thermal Arc 185TSW.....cuz if you do , you will be waiting to buy the Passport even longer

George, like I'd seriously be short in the area of MIG units if I passed on the MM Passport for a while..
          MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
          Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
            George, like I'd seriously be short in the area of MIG units if I passed on the MM Passport for a while..
            If you sold your Maxstar and 250 Esab you would have enough to pick this up.
            I know how tough these units are, so I would not have a problem buying one used.
            This is a whole lot of machine for the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
            Esab 2200 AC/DC
            Thermal 211i
            Thermal Pee-wee 85s
            Smith O/A plus mini torch
            Smith machine torch
            LN-25 pro
            LF-72 feeder
            Edwards 65 ton
            5X10 CNC table
            Victor A-120
            Miller Shopmate 300DX
            S-74D feeder

Remember good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

the passport is a welder when you need extreme portability.if i needed portability i would get a maxstar becuase you got more processes then. Mig is great but it i could have both tig and arc, id take it hands down.
              Miller 175
              Lincoln Idealarc Dinosuar
              Miller Maxstar
              Miller Sinchrowave 180
              Lincoln 225 ac/dc arc
              hypertherm Plasma cutter

Comment

Working...
              X