24V Wire Feeder to a PowCon 400SM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24V Wire Feeder to a PowCon 400SM

I wonder if anyone has experience hooking up a 24V wire feeder to a 400SM. I found one on ebay and assumed that it would be 115VAC only like the 300SM, but after examining it, that doesn't appear to be the case. Just from looking at the back panel, it appears to provide 24VAC for a wire feeder. At this point, I'm wondering if the remote contactor control requires a relay like the 300SM or whether it expects to see return voltage from the wire feeder.

Seeing that it provides 24V is a happy surprise, but unfortunately, I've already ordered the transformer to adapt my wire feeder to the specs of the 300SM.

I have the opposite problem. My 300sm provide 115v and I have a 24v feeder(power drive 1). Is there a kit to convert the feeder to 115v?

Comment

Originally posted by erth2weld View Post
      I have the opposite problem. My 300sm provide 115v and I have a 24v feeder(power drive 1). Is there a kit to convert the feeder to 115v?
      Might be easier to use a 115V AC coil relay to turn on/off external 24 V DC supply for wire feed... That way you can use a generic 24 volt supply...

Dale
      Last edited by Dale M.; 08-18-2020, 08:03 PM.
      "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Working...
      X