Another barn find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another barn find!

Actually, they are already mine. I remember useing them with the old man back when I was around 7. The forge is still there. Ain't been hot in 35 years. Someday I will have the room for it also.

Been searching the net, but can't find anything. Does anybocy know anything about these?

The pair!
    The first is a Peter Wright.
    The snout on this one is perfectly round, and it has a squale hole that runs completely through the trunk lengthways. Forgot to get a pic of that.
    Side view.

The second one is marked "MULTI-PROD CO."
    It is in excelent shape. Side view.

Somewhere in the barn are the origonal Hardys. I gota go back and try and find them.
    Last edited by rlarkin; 07-03-2005, 10:29 PM.

Saweeet!

My horseshoe'er uses a tool that fits into the square hole in his anvil. It's got a sharpened edge and it's used to trim handmade horseshoes to the desired length with a rounded, blunted end. The end of the shoe goes on the sharp edge of the tool and it gets whacked with a hammer while it's hot.

Comment

That is a pair of VERY nice anvils. I wish I could run into one of those in a barn.
      Rick in Arkansas
      www.spider-webdesign.net
      www.ironsidewelding.com

Comment

Don"t know anything about the multi-prod; but the Peter Wright is a keeper for sure. I'm envious.

Comment

Lodi ain't all that far from here. Armed? Any big dogs?

Wow. VERY neat. Sometime when you feel like typing, it would be neat to read the story of what you recollect from the 7-year old days.

Hank
          ...from the Gadget Garage
          MM 210 w/3035, BWE
          HH 210 w/DP 3035
          TA185TSW
          Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange
          Avatar courtesy of Bob Sigmon...

Comment

LOL Hank. Well, being as I am only 46. the 7 year old days were not that long ago!

But I do remember, in the winter, my dad and I would get the forge running, and hammer the shiat out of things. The forge room would be about 80 degrees, and it was 45 out side.
            There were still coal trains running through the area, and we found a parking spot on the Traction line where the cars would loose some load. We would visit the place once a month and fill up a couple 5 gallon pails.
            My dad was a Industrial arts teacher many years ago, and I learned a lot from him.
            He is now a OFFICIALY retired General contractor.

I have a bunch of friends up in the Browns Valley area. You don't by chance fancy Diesel trucks do you?

Comment

No. I'd like to have a Ford Powerstroke in a F350 FWD version, but all I got is an '86 Chevy C20 and a beat up Toyota, which I refer to as "Dirty Harry".

If you come up here to visit, drop in. There's always something cold in the Gadet Garage.
              5805 Shadowbrook Trail. 530-741-3175. I'll e-mail you directions any time! Anybody on the forum is welcome here anytime!

Hank
              MM 210 w/3035, BWE
              HH 210 w/DP 3035
              TA185TSW

Comment

I have a 2000 F350 PSD. My toy! Not stock.
                My buddies hang out at Browns Valley RV. You may still know them. One is from Grass Valley. He also collects military vehicles. Look familiar?

Comment

Small world. Don't recognize the rig, but Blaine has done some hitch reciever work for me, and my neighbor has a fun pickup that Blaine has done some work on. I live three miles up Marysville road from the hwy. 20 intersection.

Drop in sometime!

Hank
                  MM 210 w/3035, BWE
                  HH 210 w/DP 3035
                  TA185TSW

Comment

Working...
                  X