No announcement yet.

1942 gas driven welder question Rock???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 gas driven welder question Rock???

I have a 1942 miller welder that I plan on repairing and cleanning up here. I was thinking of sandblasting the cover and painting it but I would hate to losse the stickers on the unit. I was wondering if I can get replacemnet stickers for this unit?

OMS
    OMS
    HH175
    Red Tomstone W/ HF for TIG
    Old Miller Engine Driven 225 Amp AC Stick Welder
    Smith O/A X 2
    Harris O/A
    BridgePort
    MSC cut off BandSaw 6X12"
    And more!
    Shop Mechanic for Brinks Coin

OLD MAN STICK.............1942 HUH..............WELL WHICH ONE IS IT.......... I'M SURE I CAN GET YOU SOME MILLER STICKERS........ UNFORTUNATELY I'M ALSO SURE I CAN'T GET YOU ANY ORIGINALS.... ................... WHAT SIZE STICK UNIT IS IT......... I HAVE SOMEONE FROM LARGE INDUSTRIAL ENGINE DRIVE AND SOME ONE FROM PORTABLE POWER ON HERE ALSO......... BOTH WILL PERHAPS BE ABLE TO ASSIST............... BUT I'M BETTING NO ORIGINAL DECALS....................ROCK................ [email protected]

Comment

Machine's only 60 years old, you mean to tell us there still aren't support parts in the warehouse?

Comment

Sorry its a bit yonger then that. its a AEA-200LE was built in dec. of 1961. its a 255 amp A/C stick unit. there is a gen. half I think its rated for 22 Amps at 220 Vac. If needs to be I can take a few shots of the sticker ... some of them are so bad I can really see them thoe.

Thanks

OMS
        Last edited by Old Man Stick; 04-02-2003, 10:53 PM.
        OMS
        HH175
        Smith O/A X 2
        Harris O/A
        BridgePort
        And more!

Comment

OLD MAN STICK...........AH IT IS NEWER ISN'T IT .......WELL AT LEAST IT WAS MADE AFTER I WAS BORN.......... .......... I THINK YOUR STILL IN THE SAME BOAT A VICE PRESIDENT AND I WERE TALKING LAST NIGHT ABOUT ONE MILLER ELECTRIC RESTORED FOR THEIR ARCHIVES.................MANY CUSTOM PARTS MANUFACTURED AND THE DECALS WERE SOME A COMMERCIAL ARTIST MADE UP FOR THEM SO THAT MIGHT BE YOUR ROUTE TO TAKE FOR THE DECALS...............HOWEVER MATTT (LLOYD) FROM PORTABLE POWER AND I WERE ALSO TALKING YESTERDAY AND HE KNOWS THESE MACHINES VERY WELL.......I THINK I'LL LET HIM DEAL WITH YOU ON THIS ONE...............HE WILL BE IN SOMETIME WITH IN THE NEXT HOUR OR SO........... I WILL NOTIFY HIM WITH A COPY OF THIS.......................HANG IN THERE.................ROCK.... [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Stick
            Sorry its a bit yonger then that. its a AEA-200LE was built in dec. of 1961. its a 255 amp A/C stick unit. there is a gen. half I think its rated for 22 Amps at 220 Vac. If needs to be I can take a few shots of the sticker ... some of them are so bad I can really see them thoe.

Thanks

OMS
            Old Man Stick, I have a Model 88 made in 1968, Same decals as yours, and Rock told me several months ago that there were none available. You can get newer decals, but that's not appropriate to the machine. Too bad Miller didn't have a special run of them made when they restored one for the museum.

Comment

Hi Old Man Stick;
              Well we know it wasn't a AEA-200le beacuse we started to build them in 1947. Before them we had the AD225L and the MEMCO BANTAM AND THE BANTAN 2-E. We don't have any of the old decals any more. Do you have the serial number on the unit you have and what type of engine is on it?
              Thank you and please get back to me,
              MATT

Comment

Aw shoot, I have machines older than that. Worst case, if anybody has good pictures of what the decal is supposed to look like, and correct size, I have a guy who makes them in either hot ink printed onto vinyl, or cut vinyl letters for me. He doesn't charge a lot either, and his work is fantastic, and the colors last.

Comment

Name: matt
                  E-Mail: - No Address -
                  Date: 2002-06-07

Message Content:
                  That old AEA-200LE was born on 9-12-61. It was A/C output weld and the engine was a onan
                  CCKMS spec number is 695F and the circuit drawing is A-148-C1. The big knife switch was for
                  switching from weld to power and lots of times if you clean the contacts up the machine would
                  work again. thank

Name: Old Man Stick
                  E-Mail: - No Address -
                  Date: 2002-06-07

Message Content:
                  Serial number K 206418

Model Number AEA 200LE

This is the info I gave out last year when I pick up the unit. I have been very busy and just now getting time to work on it. I copyed the post that I got back stateing the year it was made. I have no books on the unit. All I know is it needs some cleaning and little bit of motor work. But I would like to get it running and welding and looking great!

I will take AS much info as I can get. I have a couple phone numbers to call once I get a min. to see if I can get some books on it.

Thanks

OMS
                  OMS
                  HH175
                  Smith O/A X 2
                  Harris O/A
                  BridgePort
                  And more!

Comment

Hey Matt!?

Just seeing whats up here. I posted the numbers and that you asked for. Have not heard back from ya yet??

OMS
                    OMS
                    HH175
                    Smith O/A X 2
                    Harris O/A
                    BridgePort
                    And more!

Comment

Hi Old Man Stick;
                      Sorry I didn't get back to you. All I have is a parts book for that AEA-200LE, I haven't found the engine book let. These book were store away 8 years ago for these old machines.
                      It might take time to located them. If you can get me your address by fax, and I will ship what I have to you.
                      Thank You
                      matt

Comment

No problem I was just asking.

Give my your Fax number and I will fax you my address. Let me know how much the booklets cost I will be more then happy to pay for them.

Like I said before I really whant to get this thing up and running good and looking good. I have a lot of things planed for it this year

Thanks once more,

OMS
                        OMS
                        HH175
                        Smith O/A X 2
                        Harris O/A
                        BridgePort
                        And more!

Comment

Hi Old man strick;
                          My fax number is 920-954-3973. Thank you again
                          matt

Comment

Originally posted by matt
                            Hi Old man strick;
                            My fax number is 920-954-3973. Thank you again
                            matt
                            Matt I faxed you a while back and have not heard from you. I was wondering if you had gotten my fax or not? Thanks

OMS
                            OMS
                            HH175
                            Smith O/A X 2
                            Harris O/A
                            BridgePort
                            And more!

Comment

OLD MAN STICK...............I WILL CATCH UP TO LLOYD............. (MATT) THIS MORNING WHEN HE GETS IN.......... AH HE IS GETTING LAX ISN'T HE................. HE CAN HELP YOU............... ...ROCK
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X