TIG Torches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG Torches

In the past we have had discussions about TIG torches and all we could do was try to explain them. So now since we are able to use photos, I thought I would throw in a couple of pictures.

The first one is a physical size comparison between a 150 amp and 125 amp air cooled torch. The torch with blue on it is the 150 amp torch, it is a Miller Diamond back model. This currently is my favorite style of torch. As soon as the accounting department (wife) allows I m going to get the 125 amp model too, because the 125 amp torch is my favorite size.
    Last edited by Dan; 05-01-2009, 08:13 AM.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

This one is a close up of the Miller torch. What Im trying to show is how the blue section has been ergonomically designed for the weldors hand. The design of this torch makes it very comfortable to hold.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

Comment

This final picture is close up of the 125 amp torch. What I m trying to show with this picture is the knob for turning the gas flow on and off at the torch. This is the style of torch that a person wanting to use there AC/DC buzzbox as a scratch start TIG would want to purchase.

PM 180C

Comment

Hello Dan I see you like to tig weld here is a pic of the torch I use I dont even Know what brand it is sorry I have a nice one but it is still in the box. I just like the flexibility of this one. It is 150 amp uncooled.

Comment

another view

Comment

one more

Comment

JPCWELD
              These three picture of your flexible head torch just reminded me of a funny story .

The story goes like this. About a week before we got our Lincoln squarewave 175 ( I wanted the Miller 180) I was using a rented machine that had a flexible head torch installed on it. One of our electricians saw this and thought it was cool . So a week later, when one of the guys brought the new machine into the shop, the electrician saw the torch on the machine(it looked exactly like the one I was using the week before) he grabbed it to demonstrate the flexible head feature to the guys in the shop and snapped the torch into 2 peices. Was he ever embarrassed . He didn t get into trouble because it was an accident. The boss saw him do it. The guy (boss) is very easy going he just laughed it off. End of story

PM 180C

Comment

Working...
              X