Just eliminated Thermodyne from the plasma cutter line up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just eliminated Thermodyne from the plasma cutter line up

Well, I tired to contact Thermodyne on a techical question for the Cutmaster 38 before I order. Got a recording to leave a message and allow up to two days before they call back. Been there done that!!!!!

Guess its between Miller, Hypertherm now.

Bob
    Short Term Memory GONE!!
    Hobby Weldor/Machinist
    Photobucket Shop Pics

BOB.............WELL NOW THAT YOUR DOWN TO TWO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHICH ONE YOU PICKED AND WHY.............THANKS....
    GLAD WERE STILL IN THE RUNNING................. ..........ROCK
    [email protected]

Comment

Rock, I just called Hypertherm then Millers tech support. I spoke with Dan at your tech support center. I really want to go with the Miller. The thing I keep hearing is all Hypertherm builds is Plasma cutters. But they don't have this board for support or guys that can tell jokes at the support center (Dan's words).

I did forget to ask Dan one question. Does the Miler 375 have and internal air filter also. And will the 5 micron filter that I have installed at the air compressor work for this?

Thanks
      Bob
      Short Term Memory GONE!!
      Hobby Weldor/Machinist
      Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

Ok another question Rock. Can you tell me the difference between the Miller 375 and the AirForce 400?

Bob
        Short Term Memory GONE!!
        Hobby Weldor/Machinist
        Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

Bob,thre reason i am going with the thermadyne is excellent local dealer support,i'm guessing you don't have that?I probably missed that part somewere on here somewere,just curious.

I guess i'm lucky,my local dealer carries Lincoln,Miller,Thermadyne and a few others and the best part is they are not biased to one brand(don't get me wrong,not that anyone here is)but they will give me the facts,wether i want to hear them or not.Ex, I am a diehard Lincoln fan,i own 4 right now,i was going to get a bigger wire feed for spool gun capabilities and they all but told me they would not sell me one"why" i asked?The spool gun supplied with the Lincoln is not made by them and in 2 words "it sucks".What you need is one of these 2 different Millers they told me,much better for your application.They could have just as easily sold me the Lincoln(which i wanted)and watched me fight the spool gun,but they didn't.Dealer support is critical IMO.Good luck with your new toy,if you can decide that is!

Comment

Bob, Yes the filter arrangement will work.

I mentioned that “...we tell good jokes too” as an added value, but was not insinuating the tech support at our competition could not. I’m sure their not only excellent techs but can spin a joke or two. Thanks for the call.

Comment

HEY BOB...........DAN V AND I WERE JUST TALKING......... ... JOKES MAN YOU MUST BE KIDDING............. .....HE WILL BE ON HERE AND CATCH UP TO YOU ON THESE QUESTIONS........... OR HIS PRODUCT MANAGER MAY ANSWER THESE.........HE'S A NICE GUY FROM PASLODA (ITW COMPANY).............ON THE 375-400.......WELL WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR I THINK EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME........... ....................SHALL WE SEE WHAT PLASMA HAS TO SAY....................STILL GLAD WERE IN THE RUNNING.......REMEMBER I WILL NEED TO KNOW WHY YOU PICKED WHAT YOU DID...........................THANKS.............. ................ROCK
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by DanV
                Bob, Yes the filter arrangement will work.

I mentioned that “...we tell good jokes too” as an added value, but was not insinuating the tech support at our competition could not. I’m sure their not only excellent techs but can spin a joke or two. Thanks for the call.
                I have to say I think the guy at Hypertherm was having an off day....he was a little short....but hey we all have those.

Bob
                Short Term Memory GONE!!
                Hobby Weldor/Machinist
                Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

Rock, It took me a while but I got the punch-line for that last one. Bob, there is one small difference between the Hobart 400 and the Miller 375; the Miller has a storage compartment for consumables the Hobart does not. Rock, I guess I'll have to take you to the "woodshed" again. Just a joke.
                  Last edited by DanV; 03-21-2003, 11:22 AM.

Comment

HMMM..so you guys go to the woodshed together.....?????

Now thats team work...hehe

Bob
                    Short Term Memory GONE!!
                    Hobby Weldor/Machinist
                    Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

Originally posted by deere_x475guy
                      Rock, I just called Hypertherm then Millers tech support. I spoke with Dan at your tech support center. I really want to go with the Miller. The thing I keep hearing is all Hypertherm builds is Plasma cutters. But they don't have this board for support ...

Bob
                      Your expertise with computers has taught you an excellent lesson, Bob: tech support! Go with The Power Of Blue!

Comment

BOB. .................NO.........DAN AND I WORKED TOGETHER FOR A WHILE AT PLASMA.........HAHAHA... HE'S TELLING YOU HE'S GOING TO BEAT ME UP FOR GIVING OUT THE WRONG INFORMATION.............I SHOULD OF SAID ALMOST ALIKE ON THE 375-400........... AND YES WE HAD A LOT OF LAUGH'S AT PLASMA.............WHICH REMINDS ME I NEVER DID RELOAD ALL THE NEAT STUFF I TOOK PICTURES OF AT PLASMA.........GUESS I NEED TO GO BACK AND FIND THAT FILE.............DAN......... THANKS FOR KEEPING ME STRAIGHT....................... ... BE SAFE OUT THERE NOW................................ROCK[email protected]

Comment

ROCKY D.............HEY WHERE YOU BEEN HIDING........ ... AND WHAT KIND OF A PLASMA CUTTER DO YOU USE AT WORK..........? NICE HEARING FROM YOU AGAIN AND THE POWER OF BLUE ...........DOES WORK DOESN'T IT......... ... BE SAFE AND THE AUTOGRAPH (S) ARE ON THE WAY............. ...ROCK[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Arc Burn
                            Bob,thre reason i am going with the thermadyne is excellent local dealer support,i'm guessing you don't have that?I probably missed that part somewere on here somewere,just curious.

I guess i'm lucky,my local dealer carries Lincoln,Miller,Thermadyne and a few others and the best part is they are not biased to one brand(don't get me wrong,not that anyone here is)but they will give me the facts,wether i want to hear them or not.Ex, I am a diehard Lincoln fan,i own 4 right now,i was going to get a bigger wire feed for spool gun capabilities and they all but told me they would not sell me one"why" i asked?The spool gun supplied with the Lincoln is not made by them and in 2 words "it sucks".What you need is one of these 2 different Millers they told me,much better for your application.They could have just as easily sold me the Lincoln(which i wanted)and watched me fight the spool gun,but they didn't.Dealer support is critical IMO.Good luck with your new toy,if you can decide that is!
                            Arc Burn, My local dealer would order a ThermoDyne for me if I wanted. They also stock all the normal consumables like they do for most all the other brands. The problem for me is I hate relaying issues through a 3rd party. There always seems to be something lost in the transaltion and the unit is most of the time tied up for longer than it would be if I could talk to tech myself. I guess I was a little surprise to find that Thermodyne did not have a toll free number and that I had to leave a message after calling long distance. I have seen example after example of questions and fixes being taken care of in a very efficient maner on this board. This board and the support is also the reason I no longer have the Lincoln 135 that I started out with.

I am too busy to wait on hold for 30 minutes or more or wait for several days for a response by email that will more than likely require several more exchanges of email before my concern is even understood.

I still haven't decide which way to go yet. Both Miller and Hypertherm have good information on their web sites. I do have to say though that Miller seems to have more information available. Each product that I have looked at has a comparison guide, very informative operators manual, and a nice breakdown of extra things you can buy complete with part numbers and prices.

Still, all Hypertherm makes is plasma cutters....does this make it superior......??????????

Any way...my 2 cents worth for now. Everyone has there own comfort level.

<----Still pondering....

Bob
                            Short Term Memory GONE!!
                            Hobby Weldor/Machinist
                            Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

Bob,

This one should get franz hot under the coller.Just order this one,and get it over.I have seen this one cut two inch steel!

http://www.powertoolstore.com/Qstore/p002183.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X