mig mate 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mig mate 150

I have recently bought a mig man 150 and I am looking for a product manual for it. There is one promlem as the serial number is unreadable.One reason I am after a manual is the welder is shutting down after a few minutes of welding , so I am trying to find out what might be causing the problem,as it is very annoying when it does this.
    Last edited by Darryl; 03-19-2003, 12:20 AM.

is it the duty cycle kicking in?
    Art is dangerous!
    www.PiedmontIronworks.com

Comment

DARRYL..............WOULD THAT BE A MILLERMATIC 150 YOUR REFERING TO.............IF SO I CAN HELP, GIVE ME A LITTLE MORE INFO I CAN PROABABLY STILL HELP EVEN IF IT IS THE COMPETITION'S...................BY THE WAY..... WELCOME ABOARD.....................ROCK

[email protected]

Comment

Migmate 150

Darryl,
        Does this unit need a separate feeder or is it built into the unit?
        We bulit a unit called Migmate 150 back in the early 1980's that used a separate feeder. As soon as we identify this thing I will be able answer any questions you have and also can get you a manual.

Kevin

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Rock
          DARRYL..............WOULD THAT BE A MILLERMATIC 150 YOUR REFERING TO.............IF SO I CAN HELP, GIVE ME A LITTLE MORE INFO I CAN PROABABLY STILL HELP EVEN IF IT IS THE COMPETITION'S...................BY THE WAY..... WELCOME ABOARD.....................ROCK

[email protected]
          Thanks for your reply Rock. The machine I have is a
          Mig Man RC150 and not a Mig Mate 150 that I stated in my first message, (my apologies for that) but I have been making so many enquiries about the welder and mig mate was mentioned and it stuck in my head.
          Regards Darryl.

Comment

GOODMORNING DARRYL...........WELL IF IT IS A MIGMAN THE SPECIFICATION NUMBER IS 6331-1.........HOWEVER I DO NOT RECALL THEM BEING RC-150'S...........ANY CHANCE I CAN GET THE SERIAL NUMBER FOR IT OFF OF YOU..................THAT WILL PIN IT DOWN.................KEVIN SAID YOU WERE FROM DOWN UNDER..........SPENT SOME TIME IN YOUR COUNTRY WHILE DOING A STINT IN THE MILITARY..............ALSO IN NEW ZEALAND........AND THE SOUTH POLE [email protected] ELECTRIC SAID YOUR IN QUEENSLAND..........................?............. .........NICE COUNTRY.....................ROCK..................
            S[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Rock
              GOODMORNING DARRYL...........WELL IF IT IS A MIGMAN THE SPECIFICATION NUMBER IS 6331-1.........HOWEVER I DO NOT RECALL THEM BEING RC-150'S...........ANY CHANCE I CAN GET THE SERIAL NUMBER FOR IT OFF OF YOU..................THAT WILL PIN IT DOWN.................KEVIN SAID YOU WERE FROM DOWN UNDER..........SPENT SOME TIME IN YOUR COUNTRY WHILE DOING A STINT IN THE MILITARY..............ALSO IN NEW ZEALAND........AND THE SOUTH POLE [email protected] ELECTRIC SAID YOUR IN QUEENSLAND..........................?............. .........NICE COUNTRY.....................ROCK..................
              [email protected]
              Good morning Rock! Yes I do live down under at Yeppoon which is near the Shoalwater Bay Military Training Area, You may know where that is being ex military. The serial number is unreadable on the welder,but I will give You what numbers I can read. Typ RC150. NL353A. Form IP21AF. I hope these may help.Thanks once again Rock. Darryl

Comment

Rock the RC150 is the same as the Mig Man. The early versions has the RC-150 on the label but when we started selling more of them we changed the Lable to just the Mig Man. If you still have the 6331 spec then this will give Darrel all he needs.
                Thanks
                Dave Evans

Comment

GOODMORNING DARRYL...........WELL HERE IS THE PROBLEM IF I GUESS AND SEND THE 6331-1 LIKE I'VE ALREADY SUGGESTED.........IT IS FOR A 200 AMP MACHINE WILL NOT WORK FOR THE RC-150.............AND THEIR IS ONE OTHER PROBLEM WOULD YOUR MACHINE BE 50 OR 60 HZ.............IN ALL HONESTY YOUR MACHINE IS QUITE OLD..........AND THE ORIGINAL MIGMAN WAS AN IMPORT AND THE COMPANY IS NO LONGER IN BUSINESS.....THIS IS YOUR CALL...........IF WE GUESS AND SEND YOU A RC-200 MANUAL WHICH IS A 6331-1 IT WILL COST YOU $15.00 USA FUNDS..............AND IT WON'T BE CORRECT........ LET'S TRY PLAN B UNPLUG THE MACHINE AND SEE IF THEIR IS A SERIAL NUMBER INSIDE THE UNIT UNDER THE SHEET METAL........... YOUR CALL..............AFTER ALL IT IS YOUR MONEY.............ROCK

[email protected]

Comment

After reading this thread, it's just another testament to the excellent tech support you find with Miller / Hobart products! They really go the extra mile! Good show guys!

Comment

Rock After us all thinking on this If my memory is correct I believe the spec is 6310 or 6311 see if this works for a Mig Man If not Then yes I am getting old and the memory is long gone.
                      Thanks
                      Dave Evans

Comment

DARRYL.........THE ORIGINAL SPECIFICATION NUMBER TO THE FIRST MIGMAN WAS 6610-1. IT WAS AN IMPORT FROM MEGATRONICS AND IT WAS 120/230 VOLTS. 90 AMPS, 20% DUTY CYCLE, OCV WAS 31 VOLTS WELDING VOLTAGE WAS 19 VOLTS. LENGTH 28 INCH'S, WIDTH 10 3/4 INCH'S, HEIGHT 15 INCH'S WEIGHT 96 LBS................ I STILL DO NOT WANT TO GUESS AND JUST SEND YOU A MANUAL............... ............NOW YOU KNOW THE LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, AND WEIGHT.............IS THIS IT........ROCK
                        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                        X