Miller Roughneck 1E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Roughneck 1E

Has anyone got a schematic for this machine, S#W520535?
    The Miller website doesn't seem to know this machine exists.
    This machine has been sitting in storage for a number of years, and won't self excite any more.
    I flashed the field with a battery, and the machine produces. Metering across the slip rings indicates .6 volt. After disconnecting the positive lead from the brush, + to frame voltage came up to 60 volts, but this voltage won't sustain with the brush connected to the exciter panel.

FRANZ.................YES I HAVE A SCHEMATIC FOR YOUR MACHINE...............GIVE ME A FAX NUMBER AND I WILL SEND IT TO YOU................................ROCK
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi Franz;
      If you check the ohms across the slip rings it should be 38 to 40 ohms. If the exciter winding and the rotor check good, the voltage going to the brushes should be about 120 volts D/C and the current should read 3 amps D/C. The pulse voltage from the engine will excite the rotor and the voltage should build up across leads 2 and 3 to 120volts A/C and then go to the exciter board or bridge rectifier depending on the year of machine you have.
      You should check the weld/power switch and the limit switch located by the speed control.
      Thank you
      Matt

Comment

FRANZ THERE YOU GO...........I'M NOT GOING TO GIVE MATT'S SECRET IDENTY AWAY.................. ........... BUT IF YOU PROVIDE A FAX NUMBER I'LL BET YOU GET A FAX IN THE MAIL OF THE MACHINE......... ..........................ARE YOU UP AND RUNNING YET.............................ROCK.........
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X