Rheostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rheostat

I'm currently looking for a standalone Rheostat capable of handling 400amps, and 48VDC.. no luck yet finding one.. this is for my garage hookup for my readywelder..
    Beer makes a great gas shield, ask me how!

Dude, hows things in Oxyard these days? I couldn't take the LA thing anymore so I bailed. Now, whats with the 400 amps? Thru a Reostat, Are you sure? Anyway, I'll scrounge through some stash piles and get some values off of the the whoppers. You might want to calculate the ohms soon.

Comment

well oxnard is great weather-wise, but ghetto and food wise it's still the same sucky shallow place like LA..

well, i need the rheostat for my Readywelder, which is powered by 2 deep cycle marine batteries. I need some better adjustment than just swapping out batteries for welding on the thin stuff with the same batteries.. otherwise, i dont have a lot of adjustment other than wire speed and size. I'm blowing through anything thinner than 3/16" with great ease.... so I'm not 100% sure what i need or what I could use to tone it down a bit..

Comment

EVILPHYSCO...............WELL DO A SEARCH ON THIS SITE FOR READY WELDER..............SOMEWHERE IS A LINK AND A NUMBER TO CALL THEM ON......................ASK IF THEY HAVE IT CALCULATED CORRECTLY..........YOU MAY HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM BESIDES WHAT YOU THINK.............MAYBE THEY EVEN HAVE DIFFERENT RHEOSTATE'S TO AID IN ADJUSTMENT..................YOUR CALL..........
        ROCK..................[email protected]

Comment

nope..
          sorry.. welder's working fine. Doesnt have a rheostat or heat control.

www.readywelder.com

Comment

Ready welders web site about 2 years ago listed a resistance box asessory for readywelder. give them a call to see if still available. Better solution is power from bank of 6V batteries to get voltage adjustment.

Make your own stepped resistance box should be easier and cheaper than what your looking for.

Comment

Biggest reostat I have now is an Ohmite spec. 28121 500 ohm. It's approx. 21 inch dia. about 20lbs. This device however will not carry the I you want. (I might be misunderstanding your idea). Well, good luck with the rig.
              p.s. Full on, top -o- the line rigs are available in your neck of the woods for a few hundred bucks on a regular basis. Jus gott'a know where to look.

Comment

Working...
              X