push/pull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• push/pull?

what does the push/pull do? i just bought a mm251 and i'm interested. but i don't know any thing about it.
    thanks,
    Matt

MaddMatt,don't get made,I have one on my Lincoln powermig 300.It helps push aluminum wire through the gun,and the gun has a little motor in it to pull the soft wire so it does not get all tangled up.It keeps the wire taunt inside the liner.Otherwise without the pulling part of the gun,just pushing the aluminum through the liner is like trying to push a wet noodle through the welding gun.Get the picture?

Comment

thanks

That was confuseing me , now i understand. so i can either get the push/pull for running bigger spools of alluminium or i can get the spool gun for little spools.
      Thanks,
      Matt

Comment

Push pull guns can have up to 25 ft electrode lead but spool gun might have 25ft lead can also use extension lead.

Comment

Hi, The nice thing about a spool gun is that you can still use the rest of the machine without switching everything over. You still have the ability to weld mild steel/ss and grab the spoolgun to do alum. All that said I have never liked spoolguns all that well because of the akward size and weight.The setup like Scott has on his Power mig300 or the push pull mm251 set up would have to be far better if you intended to do large amounts of Alum. I am at this same place. I just sold my mm250x and need to decide what to do now to replace it. I dont know how much alum I will be doing so I am trying to decide what to buy. I really dont like the spoolguns at all that lincoln has, but I really dont like any all that well. I am going to just think about it for a while.Chub

Comment

It's funny you mention you do not like the Lincoln spool guns, i own 4 Lincolns and the spool gun is the only reason I'm about to buy a Miller.Lincoln does not make there own spool guns and it shows,they suck!I like the "gun on demand" feature on the Millers,grab either gun and just weld not to mention the far superior spool gun.

Comment

Arc burn,I am kind of glad they don't make their push pull gun ether.

Chub380,To me what lincoln should do is make a setup to run one of the Mk feeder boxes for hooking up to the powermig.That way I could leave the pthon hooked to the box,and leave the standard gun hooked up.Use the same box that hooks to my ranger 305g,that way it would work really cool for me.I already got the dc tig,stick to hook up fast,or leave hooked up if you want to.I am also thinking along the lines of using my voltage sensing feeder for some sprayarc stuff.Then just use my sp175 plus for thinner stuff.I got some buttons,and plugs for the remote tig setup,and might beable figure something out by turning the contactor on for the sensing feeder to work.It doe take about five minutes to change from steel to aluminum,with the way I have the dinse connectors hooked up.My ln9 would of worked also,but you lose the one knob sets every thing.That would be fine with me also,even though it a real nice feature.I am going to leave pyton hooked up for now.It's really cool what that thing can do.I didn't like it the first night,but it was operator error.This thing can really weld aluminum,and I think on the 251 it is a joke,with that power supply.Unless you are welding some thick stuff,and really don't care what it looks like.

Comment

Scott you are right, the pm300 would for sure shine when it comes to thin alum or making the welds look pretty. The idea about the seperate feeder is great. Anything to make things more user friendly.I was thinking the other night if they could make the same drive motor work both spools of wire in the cabinet via of a switch to choose between alum and steel It would need another set of drive rollers but it should be possible To guns coming out of the front of the machine. Only thing I dont know if they could afford the space it would take to have a big roll on either side of the machine.Mabie the alum side could take smaller rolls. Wouldnt that be awsome have the python coming out of the right side and your steel gun coming from the left.Just thinking out loud. Talk to you guys later. Chub

Comment

MADDMATT...........ON YOUR MILLERMATIC YOU CAN INSTALL A PUSH PULL GUN PART NUMBER 181534 15' OR 181535 30'. THIS WILL HANDLE UP TO 12" ROLLS OF ALUMINUM WIRE OR ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE 1 LB SPOOL OF WIRE...............THIS IS FOR A PUSH/PULL MODULE USEING THE XR EDGE GUN.............. CONSULT NEW MILLER MANUAL 2003............... YOU CAN ALSO INSTALL A SPOOL GUN ON YOUR MACHINE A 15A OR 30A 1 LB SPOOL GUNS, COMES IN 15 FOOT FOR THE 15A OR 30 FOOT FOR THE 30A..........AS FAR AS PREFERENCE IT IS YOUR CALL IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE LITTLE 1 LB SPOOLS OF WIRE GO WITH THE PUSH PULL GUN YOU CAN USE EITHER THE XREDGE GUN OR XR-A PISTOL GRIP GUN............................YOUR CALL.....................HAHAHA, NOW YOU GOT SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.......................... ....ROCK
                  [email protected]

Comment

I think i would like the push/pull gun, instead of the spool gun,that way i could put a 12"alluminiunm spool on and forget about it for awhile. How big is the price difference between them? if i'm not mistaken i don't think it was that big of a price difference for the guns for the mm251.
                    Matt

Comment

i forgot to say what size , 15'
                      Matt

Comment

AH MADDMATT..................$$$$$$$ SORRY MATT YOU GOT ME ON THAT ONE. THAT IS SOMETHING I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH. YOU CAN LOG ONTO MILLER'S WEB SITE WWW.MILLERWELDS.COM OR YOU CAN CALL 1-800-4-A-MILLER. OR PLAN B WOULD BE CALL YOUR LOCAL DISTRIBUTOR FOR PRICEING..........................ANY OF THE ABOVE OPTIONS WILL BE THE KEY ...............GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY THAT BABY.........ROCK[email protected]

Comment

thanks , i check it out at Millers web site

Comment

Spoolgun30a-$800,spoolgun15a$700, XRPistol $865 ,XREdge$1325.These are close.plus $400 for the module needed for the push pull setups.Chub

Comment

everything is so damm expensive !!!! i guess i'll have to think about it for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X