Mm 175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mm 175

Anyone know if I Can find a gun hopefully Miller or tweco with a longer line so I dont need to take it off my truck to weld 12' away. Thanks JPC

JPC, I assume you are looking for a longer gun? Just remember that we don't recommend any gun over 10 ft (the one that came with your machine) be used on the MM175. It's up to you, but you might encounter feedability problems if you use a longer gun than what was supplied with your machine. Miller does sell longer guns, 12 ft and 15 ft (you can find them at www.millerwelds.com), but don't forget, it's not recommended on the MM175. Hope this answered your question.

Brian

Comment

JPC.........FROM EXPERIENCE I TRIED TO USE A 15 FOOT FEEDING .023 ON THE OLDER VERSION OF THIS MACHINE THE MILLERMATIC 130XP......DIDN'T WORK AND I HAD A MISSSSSSSERABLE TIME OF WELDING WITH IT. BURN BACK, BIRD NESTING, EVEN KEEPING THE GUN AS STRAIGHT AS POSSABLE. AND A DELAY IN GAS GETTING TO THE END OF THE GUN........ YOU GUESSED IT I FINALLY THREW IN MY HAT AND WENT HOME AND GOT A VOLTAGE SENSING FEEDER AND AN ENGINE DRIVE, AH FINALLY AFTER A 2.75 HOUR DELAY I GOT THE JOB FINISHED UP. AND I HAD TO GRIND OUT THE MISSERABLE WELDS...... THIS SHOULD OF TAKEN NO MORE THAN 30 MINUTES.........DIDN'T MAKE A NICKLE ON THAT JOB ...........OF COURSE IT WASN'T MY FAULT I TOLD MY BROTHER HE UNDER BID THE JOB AND IT WAS HIS FAULT WE LOST MONEY..........HAHAHAHA........NO HE DIDN'T BUY IT HE ONLY LAUGHED AT ME...........

SO I'M GOING TO AGREE WITH BRIAN, I'M SURE I WOULDN'T WASTE MY TIME DOING IT AGAIN.........ROCK [email protected]

Comment

That's interesting you say that you had probs Rock, my friend has a 130XP, it's probably 5 yrs old, and it came with a 15ft gun. He's only used it with .035 wire but he's never had a prob with it. I learned to MIG with it myself, works great. That was what made me want to put a 15ft gun on my HH175 ... that extra 5ft sure is nice.

- jack

Comment

HI JACK.........I DON'T RECALL THEM EVER LEAVING THE FACTORY WITH THE 15 FOOT GUNS ON THEM. THEY MAY OF PUT A 15 FOOT GUN ON IT, BUT I'M QUITE SUSPRISED THE 2 DRIVE ROLL SYSTEM PUSHED IT 15 FEET. THAT IS A BUNCH FOR A 2 DRIVE ROLL SYSTEM, .........

FIGURE'S SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALL THE LUCK, HOWEVER I STILL DON'T THINK I WOULD RECOMMEND A 15 OR A 12 FOOT GUN ON A MM175 OR A HANDLER. SORRY FROM EXPERIENCE I CAN'T RECOMMEND IT...............LET'S BE SAFE..........ROCK [email protected]

Comment

What are my alternatives a spool gun? How much will that cost for everything?

Comment

Originally posted by JPCWELD
              What are my alternatives a spool gun? How much will that cost for everything?
              A Spoolmate 3035 and the SGA 100 control that is require to run the spool gun off a MM 175 is going to be around $600 . You can check out cyberweld for the exact price.
              MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
              Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

That is not to bad $600 how far can I go away from the truck with that? Thanks for the reply Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by JPCWELD
                  That is not to bad $600 how far can I go away from the truck with that? Thanks for the reply Dan.
                  My Spoolmate 3035 that I use with my MM 210 has a 20 foot cable on it.
                  MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
                  Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Working...
                  X