Hobart with 4cyl willys engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart with 4cyl willys engine

Hello everyone, I'm trying to identify this old welder I have.
    It's an American Cryogenics (Hobart) 40 volt, 250 amp DC only willys 134L-head powered welder. Model WCG-250E. I think American Cryogenics changed names or went under in 1972. Someone's borrowed my digital camera, or I'd post a photo. She sits on a pintle hook type trailerframe and the wheels have no centerholes in them. Have to change the tires by hand. Would like to get a manual for it.
    Thanks,
    David Crary

PS, She's still burning rods!

HI DAVID................WELCOME ABOARD............. IF IT IS HOBARTS CAN YOU SUPPLY ME WITH A SERIAL NUMBER.......... THAT IS HOW I CAN TELL IF IT IS HOBARTS OR NOT....................STILL BURNING RODS........................COOL.................R OCK
    [email protected]

Comment

Hey Dave, I've got the same machine Although I have no printed info for you, I have been using it for 15 years(and fixing it when needed), I could most likely help with any questions on this particular welding unit.
      work safe, always wear your safety glasses.

Edward Heimbach

Comment

Thanks for the responses, Guys

The Serial No is 12CW-63456

Located my camera so here's a photo. She looks rough now but plan on restoring her back to original this summer.

Comment

DAVID2U.... YOUR MACHINE WAS SOLD TO AMERICAN CRYOGENTICS ON 05-24-71..........AT THAT TIME THEY WERE LOCATED IN COLUMBUS OHIO............... YOU CAN PROABABLY GET A MANUAL THRU ELLEN AT 920-735-4197, GIVE HER THIS SPECIFICATION NUMBER IT IS 5208A........... IF IT IS AVAILABLE THE COST IS $15.00 USA FUNDS.............. MOST THINGS FOR THIS OLD GIRL ARE AS YOU PROABABLY KNOW OBSOLETE...........HOPE YOU HAVE FUN RESTOREING IT................................ROCK
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X