Handler 120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handler 120

I went to an auction today and got what I thought was a good deal on a Handler-120. I gave 90.00 for it. It did not have the owners manual with it. I pluged it in when I got home and everthing seemed to work,but the cooling fan did not come on, my HH-175 fan blows all the time. Does this welder have a thermostat that kicks it on when it gets hot or is there a problem with this machine.
    Chuck

NAncy, click on this link to the owner's manual for the 120. You can download it free. If this doesn't help, Rock will be surfing the site Monday AM.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/owners_manuals/

Comment

Janet,

It runs all the time.It probally is a easy fix.Alot of people love their little 120 handlers.They are tough little units.I would take one,and I am real picky on what I own.The only bad thing I have heard about them is that they don't like to weld aluminum coated steel.That came from a guy that owned a muffler shop.I went in to detail about the handler at my friends welding store.The reason we brought up the handler is a fence company was bringing theirs in to get fixed.It had to be the most beat up welder that I have ever seen.Its since been retired,but its still there.Might be some parts somewhere on it thats good.This welder never seen a easy day in its life.I felt sorry for it.It payed for itself over,and over.I like to give the owners fourty lashes for the the way they treated that welder.

Comment

The only small problem with HH120 is many dealers stop having torch consumables on hand. Can buy from OEM at http://www.oxoguns.com/ and other places on line.

Comment

I think I got my 120 handler fixed. The problem was the side pannel was catching on the fan blade ,making it impossible for it to turn. I put some small spacers between the pannel for clearance and it did the trick. I was happy with its preformance. I think I will replace the liner and a little maintenance it should be like a new one. Not bad for $90.00 Thanks for your replies
          Chuck

Comment

Janet, if you didn't already do so, download the free manual. If your luck is like mine they won't be available next week.

Comment

Cope, I tried to download the serial no. 394ws41237 and I keep getting a non valid number. I think I will call them tomarrow and try to find out whats going on . I'll get a manual one way or the other Thanks for the info. Janet
              Chuck

Comment

Manual

Janet, you do not need to enter the serial number, just click on the Handler 120/150 from the product pull down menu and continue downloading the manual. If this is not the manual, which I'm sure it is, you will need to call and get a hardcopy sent to you, but I don't think you'll need to do that.

Brian

Comment

HI JANET............. AH YOUR HANDLER IS A 1994 UNIT, BUILT IN THE 3RD QUARTER OF THAT YEAR.........THUS 394...........
                  IF YOU STILL CAN'T GET THE MANUAL TO DOWN LOAD CALL ELLEN AT 920-735-4197 SHE CAN GET YOU A MANUAL FOR $15.00 USA FUNDS.................... JUST GIVE HER THE SPECIFICATION NUMBER ABOVE OR BELOW THE SERIAL NUMBER AND SHE WILL SEND MANUAL TO YOUR ADDRESS.............................. A GOOD DEAL I BELIEVE.........ANY PROBLEMS GIVE MYSELF OR STEVE AN E-MAIL HERE AND WE WILL ASSIST....................HAVE FUN..............ROCK
                  [email protected]

Comment

manual

It should work q/o serial number. I downloaded it Saturday when Janet first posted.

Comment

Working...
                    X