what to do with pores...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do with pores...

I have a jeep frame that i've been reinforcing, although I've spent many hours trying to remove rust and grease with a wirewheel I couldn't remove all of them completely...especially on the tight spots.

anyways, I was using flux core and occasionally i would get some pores. some of them disappear after a little bit of grinding.

what's the proper way to fix them?

Re: what to do with pores...

Originally posted by double R
    I have a jeep frame that i've been reinforcing, although I've spent many hours trying to remove rust and grease with a wirewheel I couldn't remove all of them completely...especially on the tight spots.

anyways, I was using flux core and occasionally i would get some pores. some of them disappear after a little bit of grinding.

what's the proper way to fix them?

You can use anything that will remove the metal around your pin hole...grinder, carbide burr, etc. Then reweld it. It could be that you are going too fast, not allowing the weld metal to build up. I catch myself doing it, going too fast...probably from using so much solid wire. FCAW needs to be slower than solid wire becaue it's hollow. Also, with a wire wheel...you can smear the contamination into the metal and not actually remove it.

Comment

Working...
    X