wire spool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wire spool

Maybe this question has been brought up before....is there any trick to keep 1 lb. spools from unraveling when installing a new one ...lost half the wire yesterday..Handler 135 works great !!!thanks & Happy Holidays!!!

After I've pulled the wire out to the drive pulley, I stretch a rubber band around the spool crossing over the wire. That holds it secure.

I tried using the holes on the spool but that wasn't as easy.
    It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

Comment

Re: wire spool

Originally posted by star
      Maybe this question has been brought up before....is there any trick to keep 1 lb. spools from unraveling when installing a new one ...lost half the wire yesterday..Handler 135 works great !!!thanks & Happy Holidays!!!
      Welcome to the wonderful world of welding!! Happens to pros too!

Comment

Get a hold of the end of the wire with a pair of needle nose or MIG pliers....and don't let go until the wire is clamped in the rollers. It happened to me on my first roll.....noboby ever tells ya how bad that wire wants to be straight until it's too late!

If you try to wind it back tight, that doesn't work well either. The layers get tangled up and make an even bigger mess. I guess everyone has to try it at least once!

Comment

Awh yes......I made one heck of a mess my first time. I learned to put the spool on....get tension on the brake...then very carefully pull the wire from the spool and start it in the guides..

Bob
          Short Term Memory GONE!!
          Hobby Weldor/Machinist
          Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

Working...
          X