Propellar Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propellar Repair

Does anyone have any info on repair, I have done some mostly on aluminum props. Looking to maybe start doing more of this, right now I am working on building a balancer for knowing where to remove material. I know pitch blocks should be used and are needed for any major repair or most repair, does anyone have any they want to get rid of HA HA.
    Jerry Streets
    J P Streets Welding LLC

Re: Propellar Repair

Originally posted by Jerry
    Does anyone have any info on repair, I have done some mostly on aluminum props. Looking to maybe start doing more of this, right now I am working on building a balancer for knowing where to remove material. I know pitch blocks should be used and are needed for any major repair or most repair, does anyone have any they want to get rid of HA HA.
    I have a god friend in Hawaii that props are his business....email me and I can give you his phone number...he'd be glad to talk to you.

Comment

Last year saw short sequence about prop repair on shipshape TV they were using what locked like zinc/aluminum filler which they called propritary filler heating with gas torch. I'm told tig is much better stronger and longer lasting. It also showed pitch blocks in use. Real basic tools and jigs.

Good luck with your venture.

Comment

Working...
      X