Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Welder?

How do you earn the title Master Welder?...Thank You

The way you would earn any other title...patience, perseverance, and practice.
    Arcin' and sparkin', Rocky D <><
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
    IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER...
    IF YOU'RE READING THIS IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER!

Comment

My guess is that you get enough experience that YOU feel comfortable with calling yourself a Master Welder...and then everybody else thinks you're something special for it.

I dunno though...maybe there's something I don't know about the term... all I wanna know is if I'd make more money to call myself one.

Click here to See pics of my work.

Comment

Master weldor

I had a student that dropped out of Tulsa welding School and came to the vo-tech where I teach and Tulsa told him and countless others for $10,000 and six months in their school they would be
        "Master weldors"
        I teach welding but I'm no master.
        If you find one let us know.

Comment

I once knew this women and she called me "MASTER...." Oh, well, maybe that's another story.
          Respectfully,
          Mike Sherman
          Shermans Welding

Comment

Mike how long after that before you could see again?
            The term Master ( put job description here) is the result of becoming the person that getss called when nobody else knows how to do it.
            Regardless of the field the true "masters " are as rare as oh say Stephen Hawking or Babe Ruth Terry

Comment

How about the guy that was really good at putting worms on hooks. He would be a master......... Oh never mind.
              Life is Good, Aim straight
              MM210, Hypertherm 600, AC225
              STI 40 S+W, AR15, REM 1187

Comment

Been there done that, It actualy pays quite well when the customer gets into the record book. As for the other kind I think I will leave that to the young uns Terry

Comment

That was sneeky shooter!!!!!!

Comment

Ya know, the more I think about there's no such thing as a Master Weldor"...I've been around weldors all my life and none were what one would call a Master Weldor, for the simple fact that NO ONE knows all about every process and can make the prettiest welds in all processes, which I would guess that is what a Master Weldor would be doing. I know guys that have mastered many processes, but there is always someone that can do it just a little bit better. The highest compliment that a weldor can recieve is from his peers...those who are doing the same thing that you are. Those kinds of praises are the best, and really makes ya feel real good.

For you newbies out there, try and find someone whose welds look fantastic, and then mimick them....that's how you get to be good. I was fortunate to be in a weld shop where there were many weldors and some were downright amazing...so I copied them, as best as I could. My goal was to be just a little better than the next guy, and I was always challenging myself. I heard an engineer tell one of my coworkers that he was the best MIG weldor he had ever seen! WOW! I thought, I want someone to say that about me...a few years later and many spools of wire later someone finally did say that about me, and I'm no master. We all have our heros...if we didn't there would be no reason to try to improve...and there's always room for improvement.
                    Arcin' and sparkin', Rocky D <><
                    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
                    IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER...
                    IF YOU'RE READING THIS IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER!

Comment

Working...
                    X