Wire propellant mig welding process!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire propellant mig welding process!

Has anyone tried this mig welding process for aluminum?

http://www.wirepropellant.com/

Just curious if it works ok with a Millermatic 135.

Thanks
    Lamar

Re: Wire propellant mig welding process!

Originally posted by lerdman
    Has anyone tried this mig welding process for aluminum?

http://www.wirepropellant.com/

Just curious if it works ok with a Millermatic 135.

Thanks
    Lamar
    They have been in business since 2002. I would be cautious before giving them 195 real-US-dollars.

Just a thought.

Phil

Comment

A buck ninety five for something that heats the wire and a teflon liner!?!?! Buyer beware!
      Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
      The Next Loud Noise You Hear Is Me!

Comment

I....just....don't.....believe it! Heating the wire to 70 or 80 degrees??? It's that temperature here most of the time...why would I want to improve on Mothe Nature??? Save your bucks!

Comment

good grief ... PT Barnum would be proud !!

mail ME $195 and I'll mail you my kit ... it's a drop light and a 40 watt bulb

- jack

Comment

But Jack-

Does your drop light relax the wire and prevent chaffing, like the add says?

Bob

Comment

of course

- jack

Comment

I always use triple action Gold Bond Powder to prevent chafing

OH! That must be something different.

Some people will try to sell anything!
                Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
                The Next Loud Noise You Hear Is Me!

Comment

Heh, for way less money you can build a stand/ hanger for your heat gun and open up the side cabinet door of the mig unit and direct the hot air on the spool :-) You'll have no problem bringing the spool temp to 70-80* but even if this is a good concept how much temp you lose from the wire when it finally comes out of the gun tip?

Hehehehe

Andre
                  Hobart Handler 135
                  Miller Dynasty 200DX
                  Miller Spectrum 2050
                  Miller "Captain America" Big Window Elite Helmet

Comment

I took my Al wire out of the freezer, and boy oh boy was it uptight. It became much more relaxed after warming up to room temperature. We are so much happier together now.

I thought Airgas was an OK company. Is there something here we are missing, or are they just selling wiffle dust gas milage improvers?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                      I took my Al wire out of the freezer, and boy oh boy was it uptight. It became much more relaxed after warming up to room temperature. We are so much happier together now.

I thought Airgas was an OK company. Is there something here we are missing, or are they just selling wiffle dust gas milage improvers?

Bob
                      I think they are true to their name: hot air

Comment

wire propellant

Although I am not a highly experienced welder, I have seen MIG welders equipped with this kit flawlessly weld aluminum without any bunch-up problems. There is a 30 money back guarantee. Get it in writing and use a credit card.

Comment

Judging by their description of how it works....taking out the preload stress out of the coil with hot air to make the wire pass smoothly through the liner, to me is not an issue, which is why this doesn't make any sense. Yes, you probably have seen this unit work well.....my point is, it will work well with it or without it. Making it a mute point at best. Wire doesn't always come from the mill with the same amount of preload, either...another flaw in their advertising ploy. Save your money, and buy a teflon liner

Comment

Working...
                          X