getting certified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting certified

Is there a good welding school in the New England area.I would really like to become highly proficient in mig and tig.

Re: getting certified

Originally posted by leleach
    Is there a good welding school in the New England area.I would really like to become highly proficient in mig and tig.
    IMHO, I think the HOBART school is the best...I went to a school in Maryland...Aberdeen Proving Ground, the US Army Ordinance School. I'm from NH, and that's the only one I knew of at the time. circa 1958. Can't say what's available now. If you really desire to be the best there is, go to Troy, Ohio, and you will be.

Comment

dont know were you live but if you are near the manchester nh area check out the tech school in manchester. i am going back to get my certificate and the prices ar enot bad and the teachers are great. people from the field not just some dopey instructor.

Comment

In Connecticut the state vocational high schools (http://www.cttech.org/) offer welding classes. They offer night courses for hobbyists and allied tradesmen and you can also sign up as a full-time day student. for the day students I believe you work all day in the welding shop and do not have to take other classes.

The department head at Howell Cheney in Manchester can also administer certification tests.

John

Comment

Working...
        X