Caps Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caps Issue?

WELL, SINCE BILL HAS BROUGHT IT UP, I FIGURED I'D ASK EVERYONE, IS MY USE OF CAPS AN ISSUE? I WRITE IN ALL CAPS, AND TYPE IN ALL CAPS, AND HAVE GROWN RATHER FOND OF THEM I PUT THEM IN SMALLER FONT BECAUSE NO ONE USSUALLY COMPLAINES IF I DO THIS, BUT, IF IT IS GOING TO CREATE ENIMIES, I WILL STOP. [BILL, YOUR ON MY SH*T LIST BUDDY ] JUST KIDDING. SO, LETS HEAR IT ALL

BUT YOU GOTTA ADMIT, THE SMALL CAPS DO LOOK GOOD

MATT

People that worry about caps(not you, the ones giving you grief), usually have to much time on their hands. These are the same people that worry if the toilet paper roll is supposed to unroll from the top or the bottom.

Watch me catch heck for this, I bet I opened a real can of worms.
    If this gets too nasty, I'll just delete my post and then everybody will wander what the issue is.

P.S. I think the smilies are cool!
    Too bad I'm not 30 years younger and understand more about this computer stuff.
    Last edited by steelhanger; 10-23-2002, 09:30 AM.
    steelhanger

Comment

caps

My wife and daughters have trained me to not use caps but I have to admit that since I am past 60 your posts seem easier to read. They don't offend me one bit even if some people think you are shouting. Whatever works for ya!
      bitternut

Comment

Originally posted by steelhanger
        People that worry about caps(not you, the ones giving you grief), usually have to much time on their hands. These are the same people that worry if the toilet paper roll is supposed to unroll from the top or the bottom.

Doesn't everybody's paper roll off the top of the roll?

Matt, type the way you like. As long as we can read it and know you are not yelling at us, it's ok.........

Comment

Matt, it is as simple as this:

If you believe in good internet etiquette, all caps is yelling or raising your voice. But it is more than just etiquette, it is one of only a few tools to try to add inflection and emphasis to otherwise flat text... If you use all caps all the time then it is the same as talking in monotone... Few can write well enough without a little help...

Additionally, although I have only been on the list for half a year or so, ROCK has traditionally been the only one to type in all CAPS... Something about not being able to find the CAPS LOCK key on his keyboard I think.. (just kidding ROCK!). But seriously, it has been nice to know that if you see all caps, then you know it is ROCK replying to a post and helping someone to HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!

No enemies, no hard feelings... If all caps is an integral part of your identity then stick with it!
          Bill C
          "The more I learn about welding the more I find there is to learn..."

Comment

BILL-
            I PREFER TO USE DIFFERNT METHODS OF ADDING EMPHESIS, IMPORTANCE , AND FIRMNESS TO MY POSTS ALSO, THE USE OF SMILIES TO PORTRAY THE INTENDED MEANING OF THE TEXT WORKS WELL SORRY IF THIS BOTHERS YOU BUT HEY, ITS ALL GOOD , RIGHT?

MATT

Comment

Originally posted by FIXXXXAH
              BILL-
              I PREFER TO USE DIFFERNT METHODS OF ADDING EMPHESIS, IMPORTANCE , AND FIRMNESS TO MY POSTS ALSO, THE USE OF SMILIES TO PORTRAY THE INTENDED MEANING OF THE TEXT WORKS WELL SORRY IF THIS BOTHERS YOU BUT HEY, ITS ALL GOOD , RIGHT?

MATT
              Yeah, but none of your posts have had italics, underlines, or bold letters... Just caps... and the smilies are real cute...

Anyway, unless I have offended you here lets just end this thread and get back to discussing our common interest of welding!!!
              Bill C
              "The more I learn about welding the more I find there is to learn..."

Comment

Originally posted by BillC

Yeah, but none of your posts have had italics, underlines, or bold letters... Just caps... and the smilies are real cute...

Anyway, unless I have offended you here lets just end this thread and get back to discussing our common interest of welding!!!

KEWL...ARC ON, DUDE!!

Comment

sorry, i couldn't resist...

wE CouLD JUsT foRCe EveRYonE TO TyPe LikE thIs...

BTW - All ToiLET pApER RolLs shOUld uNrOLL fROm ThE tOp!!!

-OutRAgeD

Comment

Re: sorry, i couldn't resist...

Originally posted by outraged
                    wE CouLD JUsT foRCe EveRYonE TO TyPe LikE thIs...

BTW - All ToiLET pApER RolLs shOUld uNrOLL fROm ThE tOp!!!

-OutRAgeD
                    Say, Carl...I've been getting the Klez32 virus, sent to me with subject typed just like that.......Hhmmmmm !

Comment

???

I didn't do it......really it wasn't me.

Comment

OK THEN WE ALL AGREE THAT THE TOILET PAPER UNROLLS FROM THE BOTTOM, NOT THE TOP..............AND IT IS OK IF ROCK STILL TYPES IN CAPS AND ANYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO.........SO STOP SHOUTING AT ME .............I DO LIKE THIS JOB...... BE SAFE AND WE CAN ALL HAVE SOME FUN AND IT IS FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE ROLL......................HAHAHA..............ROCK[email protected]

Comment

Please, I'm not hard of hearing!
                          It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

Comment

TP unrolls from the outside in my world.
                            Do some people really remove TP core tube and unroll from center.
                            How strange.

Comment

Boy, ROCK yelled so loud, his post poked right out the side of the thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X