nickel/silver welding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nickel/silver welding

I recently posted a question concerning welding nickel/silver. As always, you guys came through with recomendations, suggestions, and most important, your thoughts. I thank you all.

In case anyone ever has to weld this vile material(I have been told that it is worse than bronze) you basically weld it like bronze,silicone bronze wire, argon gas and lot's of ventilation.

P.s. Here is some aluminum grating I built.
    ROCK

Very nice, Rock...how'd you keep it flat?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky D
      Very nice, Rock...how'd you keep it flat?
      It was not easy my friend, new process, we never did this type grate with miters,....took 2 of us 10 hours to figure this one.
      ROCK

Comment

Originally posted by R. Nelson
        It was not easy my friend, new process, we never did this type grate with miters,....took 2 of us 10 hours to figure this one.
        I feel honered with the one on one Rock, I am not a structural welder like you, or steelhanger, or the Old-one, but I do love the process of joining metals together, of building things, I love going into my garage, and just building something, I love my job, I get paid to build things.......WOW!

I started with a craftsman stick welder, then a craftsman wire feed welder, now I have a HH175........And I am a very happy man!

Thanks ROCK, DAN, and everybodyelse that makes this site the best!
        ROCK

Comment

R. NELSON.........HAHAHA........IT IS FUN ISN'T IT........ I TO LOVE THIS JOB...................ROCK
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X