rookie welder needing help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rookie welder needing help?

This is a image of a weld I did today, and was looking for any help on making this better.

This was with a hh135
    fluc core wire
    3 power setting
    30 wire speed

this was done on 1/8 " stell on some scrap 1/4 " plate. I know its to thick, but got to use what around. Was looking for any good ideas on how to make better, or what would be good tech. to try to follow. Or just any comments, good or bad would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Gary Wolboldt

Re: rookie welder needing help?

Originally posted by GWOL
    This is a image of a weld I did today, and was looking for any help on making this better.

This was with a hh135
    fluc core wire
    3 power setting
    30 wire speed

this was done on 1/8 " stell on some scrap 1/4 " plate. I know its to thick, but got to use what around. Was looking for any good ideas on how to make better, or what would be good tech. to try to follow. Or just any comments, good or bad would be appreciated.
    The weld is acceptable...maybe a little slow in travel.....looks like you're getting the root OK. I show two methods of weave I use. # 1. being the preferred for me. I would turn up the heat and move a little faster, but still what you have done here is good.

Comment

Rocky,

Thanks for the examples you made on the image. I was hoping for input like this. I have already printed out the image with the weave examples you have shown and will practice, practice, practice on this. Thanks so much for the help and encouragement.

Any other help, suggections, or comments on the welds I have been trying would be appreciated. I know that with just a few of the practices explaned here, my welds are looking much better!!! Thanks again for all the help
      Thanks
      Gary Wolboldt

Comment

Working...
      X