Where's PILE BUCK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's PILE BUCK?

Son in law has new sonic drill rig Wash. state. Has Geo. heat buss. New tech. hammers and drills. Problem is Stems are breaking on His and other Machines.
    Any folks with weld experiance on these rigs?I wonder if It's a heat treat weld problem
    causing this? It's a $800,000 trac machine. Bore holes are around 5" broke only 40 ft. into rock. holes go 300 ft each. Thank's tool

I have seen Pile Buck, just not here
    "Weld It And You Won't Be Screwed"
    Rescued from the boneyard SA-250 on a fully equipt trailer (My Wife's Explorer cries every time I hitch up)
    Trailblazer 301G (can't touch the SA-200 for stick)
    Arcair K-4000 A.K.A "The Hissing Cobra"
    HF- 251 TIG box for the TB with a Weldcrap torch, Yes I weld aluminum
    More than a toolbox full of stuff on an F-350 that is way to small

Comment

PB, hasn't been here in 9 mo.

Comment

Carl hasn't been anywhere since March. But then, this isn't the first time he's done this either. He gets busy, puts his nose down and looks up when he is done. Then he pops up again.
        Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

yeah, but it seems A LOT of people feel the need to invade his privacy/seclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
            yeah, but it seems A LOT of people feel the need to invade his privacy/seclusion.
            Hmmm... I don't see it in that sense. I see it more as people either concerned or just curious why such a good contributor to several forums suddenly stops posting. I was thinking a while back that all of the squabbling on Miller ran him off from it, but I don't think it was that. I don't know the man other than we exchanged some thread replies once in a while. I join the others in hoping that he is okay but would never attempt to invade his privacy/seclusion.
            Jim

Miller MM 210
            Miller Dialarc 250P
            Airco 225 engine driven
            Victor O/A
            Lots of other tools and always wanting more

Comment

I miss Pile Buck. LOVED his welding stories. Some were hilarious.

Like me, he probably has become too busy to spend time on this bbs.
              I took a six or eight month break because of a hostile schedule.

Those of us that either run our own companies, or multiple companies, or have careers that put us at 110% stress and scheduling conflict know what I mean.

-prowess

Hobart StickMate LX 235 AC/DC
              Hobart Handler 125 EZ
              Hobart Handler 187
              Champion 4500
              Mag-Power MP 55 Plasma
              Lincoln Precision TIG 185
              Smith O/A

Clarke 95e

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-Tx View Post
                I join the others in hoping that he is okay but would never attempt to invade his privacy/seclusion.
                i didn't mean you in particular, on the other board it was suggested that someone should pester Carl, under the pretense of "concern".

there are a lot of members on these forums that drop off the face of the planet for no reason, good solid contributors, askin' questions, givin' answers, shootin' the sh!t one day, POOF! gone the next. not everyone is going to leave a change of venue message.

Comment

Hey, wait, was that a fleating glimpse of maturity I just saw???? NAW!

Originally posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
                  i didn't mean you in particular, on the other board it was suggested that someone should pester Carl, under the pretense of "concern".

there are a lot of members on these forums that drop off the face of the planet for no reason, good solid contributors, askin' questions, givin' answers, shootin' the sh!t one day, POOF! gone the next. not everyone is going to leave a change of venue message.
                  Why don't you man up and name that someone so whomever they are, that they can hear it to their face I'm not sure who your speaking of exactly, but please get over it.

(look, I even said please )

I started a thread a little while back on miller, asking if anyone had seen or heard form Carl (Pilebuck) in a while, some thought that someone should call, and other's thought not. Some of us know him better than others, and some not at all, but either way he was/is a good contributor and a good friend. Obviously pumpkinhead doesn't understand that friends may be concerned when they don't hear from someone for a while. Maybe its a difference in core values, or maybe its a difference in reality, but don't knock a person for caring, whoever it may be for or from.
                  Proud owner of Bushwacker Mobile Welding
                  Pictures

Comment

1. it was Portable Welder. (are you paranoid?)
                    2. you have his phone number, you attempted to contact him, he didn't answer, perhaps he has called I.D. and like many others doesn't want to talk to you.
                    3. Miller and Pumpkinhead are proper nouns and should be capitalized.
                    4. fleating is not a word.

Comment

In the past Carl has taken A hike when upset. I can relate,being a short fused Irishman Myself. He's a good Guy and brings much to The table. I hope He's not ill.
                      I lost His personal E mail. To bad I felt He'd enjoy a chance to try some holes with this new sonic tech. It's in Carls hood. Thank's for the answers Tool

Comment

Oh, Christ this is funny!

Sorry to laugh while others are fuming / venting....but, [email protected]
                        I NEED MORE COWBELL!!!

'Red' Powcon 300ST (no torch yet)
                        (ok, not really a 'Red'... )
                        'Blue' Miller 35 (older than me and runs great), Thunderbolt AC arc (ditto)
                        'Craftsman' AC arc (who made this originally?)
                        O/A x 2 (both smaller than I'd like)
                        14" Milwaukee chopper
                        20t HF press (crap, but works)
                        Buffalo forge w/ blower
                        Alot of pumps!

"All of us know more than any of us."- TexHand

Comment

No worries, laugh away, I don't take what Mr.Melonhead has to say with much more than half a grain of salt. I suspect that most feel the same way
                          Proud owner of Bushwacker Mobile Welding
                          Pictures

Comment

Mr. Pumpkinhead hates this time of year, Halloween ya know.
                            Jeff Phillips
                            Silver Moon Forge

HH 180
                            Hammers and Anvil
                            Coal forge.
                            Other "stuff"

"Those who don't weld so good, become expert Grinders"
                            "Measure to build, Hammer to fit, Paint to hide."

Comment

Coal

Originally posted by coalsmoke View Post
                              Why don't you man up and name that someone so whomever they are, that they can hear it to their face I'm not sure who your speaking of exactly, but please get over it.

(look, I even said please )

I started a thread a little while back on miller, asking if anyone had seen or heard form Carl (Pilebuck) in a while, some thought that someone should call, and other's thought not. Some of us know him better than others, and some not at all, but either way he was/is a good contributor and a good friend. Obviously pumpkinhead doesn't understand that friends may be concerned when they don't hear from someone for a while. Maybe its a difference in core values, or maybe its a difference in reality, but don't knock a person for caring, whoever it may be for or from.
                              Nicely said,Ive called Carl,,i have both his #'s and e mailed 3 or 4 times,,since the day he took me under his wing,he has never ever not returned a phone call,or e mail,,

Since when is it a crime mr. head to be concerned,,i know of at leat 8 people that have called carls house,,Caller id,Dont think so.,,Tool.need anything i have to change my email,Ill do it know,or its [email protected],and i can help ya out!!!!!!,Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X