Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scams

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • scams

    has any body seen the htp welders on e bay? i was looking last night and asked a question to the seller about pay pal, all at once all the htp listings were removed,( 4or 5) so i suspect a scam.... they were one day listings due to end around 1pm pst

  • #2
    ebay

    Someone must be dupeing them I have ordered stuff from them solid people great service

    Junster

    Comment


    • #3
      I've done business with HTP about 8 times in the last year. It's a very good company to deal with.

      556man

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 556man View Post
        I've done business with HTP about 8 times in the last year. It's a very good company to deal with.

        556man
        but not off e bay, right? i talked with steve at htp and he said they don't sell welders on ebay

        Comment


        • #5
          How many feedbacks did that seller have?...and I'm also very suspicious when a major seller does not accept PayPal. Report that seller to ebay...for all the good that'll do!!
          "Good Enough Never Is"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by john ret bm View Post
            but not off e bay, right? i talked with steve at htp and he said they don't sell welders on ebay
            All the deals I made with HTP "welders4less" were made on Ebay. Like you said I too don't see them selling welders. Just consumables and accesories for welding.

            556man

            Comment


            • #7
              Those are all fraudulent auctions using highjacked accounts with great feedback. There's been alot of fraudulent auctions lately attempting to lure people in with high dollar, high demand items like the HTP stuff. Once eBay spots them, they close them down. You may also notice that the sellers frequently ask you to contact them by email to buy it now. They usually then ask you to wire the money using Western Union or some other unsafe means. What happens next, is they take your money and you never hear from them again.

              A good way to spot these highjacked acounts is to look at what they used to sell. If they've gone from selling gold fish one day to lots of welders the next, it's a good sign the account has been highjacked.

              My brother in law got suckered by a great deal on a Harley he saw on eBay. Wired $3500 to a guy, never got it back and only got a form letter from eBay.

              Be VERY carefull on eBay.
              Last edited by 1990notch; 03-29-2007, 05:24 PM.
              HH210 w/spool gun
              HTP Invertig 201

              Comment


              • #8
                I bought my invertig 201 from them off ebay (weldersforless). But It was a demo unit. Definitely legit.
                I never talked to anyone named Steve, I talked to a gentleman named Jeff, very nice.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Berniep View Post
                  I bought my invertig 201 from them off ebay (weldersforless). But It was a demo unit. Definitely legit.
                  I never talked to anyone named Steve, I talked to a gentleman named Jeff, very nice.
                  There is one seller on eBay that does frequently sell HTP invertig machines. I don't know what his affiliation is with HTP. I think his name is Jeff Noland? I would buy from him without concern. Other than this seller, I've seen lots of 1 or 2 day auctions with no reserve or a buy it now of $900 for an invertig 201. One of those things that if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't. I'm just saying before you send someone a lot of money, check the sellers history of what they used to sell. Even if the account has 100% positive feedback, the account could have been highjacked just an hour before.
                  HH210 w/spool gun
                  HTP Invertig 201

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 1990notch View Post
                    There is one seller on eBay that does frequently sell HTP invertig machines. I don't know what his affiliation is with HTP. I think his name is Jeff Noland? I would buy from him without concern. Other than this seller, I've seen lots of 1 or 2 day auctions with no reserve or a buy it now of $900 for an invertig 201. One of those things that if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't. I'm just saying before you send someone a lot of money, check the sellers history of what they used to sell. Even if the account has 100% positive feedback, the account could have been highjacked just an hour before.
                    Jeff Noland is the president of HTP America. Very helpful and great guy to deal with. He also runs welders4less on Ebay.

                    556man

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 1990notch View Post
                      Those are all fraudulent auctions using highjacked accounts with great feedback. There's been alot of fraudulent auctions lately attempting to lure people in with high dollar, high demand items like the HTP stuff. Once eBay spots them, they close them down. You may also notice that the sellers frequently ask you to contact them by email to buy it now. They usually then ask you to wire the money using Western Union or some other unsafe means. What happens next, is they take your money and you never hear from them again.

                      A good way to spot these highjacked acounts is to look at what they used to sell. If they've gone from selling gold fish one day to lots of welders the next, it's a good sign the account has been highjacked.

                      My brother in law got suckered by a great deal on a Harley he saw on eBay. Wired $3500 to a guy, never got it back and only got a form letter from eBay.

                      Be VERY carefull on eBay.
                      exactly what i found!!!!!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X