utility trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• utility trailer

I am going to build a medium duty utility trailer, primarily with 3/16 stock, will the 75/25 gas I use work ok or should I use c02 for deeper penetration.

THANKS
    ROCK

not answering your question, but what size trailer are you building? i have just completed the frame for my 4'x8' utility trailer. i welded mine together with a stick welder. if you have any pictures, please post them here. i would be interested in seeing what you have. sorry, i do not have the ability to post pictures of mine. i used 2"x2"x .120 wall square tubing for the frame and tongue. floor will be a solid sheet of 1/8" steel. good luck on your project. be safe!

Comment

Re: utility trailer

Originally posted by R. Nelson
      I am going to build a medium duty utility trailer, primarily with 3/16 stock, will the 75/25 gas I use work ok or should I use c02 for deeper penetration.

THANKS

Which wire feed machine are you going to be using for this project? Knowing this helps with the answering of your question.
      MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
      Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
        [B]

Which wire feed machine are you going to be using for this project? Knowing this helps with the answering of your question. [/B
        HH175......what else would I use.....Thanks for the feedback.]
        ROCK

Comment

CO2 will help increase weld penetration. But the draw back to using this gas is the amount of spatter that is produced. However the best way to determine whether or not your C25 gas will produce sound welds for you is through doing some destructive testing of your welds on joint designs that your wanting to use on your trailer. A couple things that you might try to help increase your weld bead penetration without switching to CO 2 are dragging the weld bead and if your using an .035 wire try an .030 wire.
          MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
          Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Re: Re: utility trailer

Originally posted by Dan

Which wire feed machine are you going to be using for this project? Knowing this helps with the answering of your question.
            I will be using my HH175
            ROCK

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
              CO2 will help increase weld penetration. But the draw back to using this gas is the amount of spatter that is produced. However the best way to determine whether or not your C25 gas will produce sound welds for you is through doing some destructive testing of your welds on joint designs that your wanting to use on your trailer. A couple things that you might try to help increase your weld bead penetration without switching to CO 2 are dragging the weld bead and if your using an .035 wire try an .030 wire.
              Thanks Dan, I will try that testing and I am using .30 wire, I appreciate the feedback guys, thanks again.
              ROCK

Comment

Working...
              X