Hard Facing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Facing

Basic concept seems straight forward, but I got confused by the many different wire types listed under Hobart Products: one pass, multiple pass, impact, abrasion, or both, self shielding vs gas.

The intended victum is a sears leaf shreader shown in the picture. In the photo the top is folded away from the base to show the blade. Upright, it is like a beefy rotary mower with a top feed shute.

The tool in a HH-135, have 0.30 tips and argon for aluminum but the CO2 bottle and gas are still on my wish list.

I would like to put on shaper harder edges hoping to deal better with small branches. It does have to stand an occasional rock the gets raked up with the leaves.

Local hardware (and internet sites I have checked so far) don't even have any facing wire.

I am looking for a recommendation on the wire and a source.

Also, best techniques:
    Should I quench it after weld, or wait until after grinding the edge.
    How do I avoid the puddle "falling off the edge" ... sorta like off the side burn through?

The blade will be off the machine and I plan to check balance when done.

Bob

HI BOB.........WELL LET'S DO THIS WHY NOT CALL THE WELDING ENGINEERS APPLICATIONS LAB, YOU CAN TALK TO KRIS, DENNY, BUTCH, IVAN, BRUCE.......... THERE AIN'T TO MUCH THESE FOLKS CAN'T ANSWER ON THEIR OWN PRODUCTS....... I KNOW I USE THEM A LOT CALL 937-332-5102 THAT WILL BE ALICE SHE IS THE SECRETARY AND SHE CAN GET YOU ANY OF THOSE FOLKS TO TALK TO IF THEIR INHOUSE............... THEY TRAVEL BUT USUSALLY ONE OR 2 OF THEM ARE THERE.............HAVE FUN, IT IS VERY EDUCATIONAL TO TALK TO THEM......AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS THEY CAN HELP.........ROCK...... [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X