Mig machine problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig machine problem

My machine clicks a lot at times when I am welding. The noise comes from the inside of the center of the machine. Is this because the arc is jumping form dead to live? The weld most of the time appears decent? Any ideas? Thanks
    -Grant

"measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe"

Maybe it is just fine?

It's the contactor,and if it's not welding funny it's normal.What brand,and model is your welder?
    Last edited by Scott V; 03-20-2003, 10:46 PM.

Comment

It is a WELD PAK 100 converted to MIG.
      -Grant

"measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe"

Comment

Grant,it should only click when you pull the trigger,and when you let off the trigger.It's also good to have some more red machine owners here.Since Lincoln doesn't have as nice of website,as far as the message board goes.Maybe we can take this one over?JUST KIDDING ROCK!

Comment

You are right about Lincoln's site. Do they even have one like this? I looked but it certainly didnt jump at me and didnt find anything interesting there cept for the electrode guide which I do refer people to on occasion. I am sure the owner of the machine is just hearing the solenoid kick in, obviously it is working. I really dont have much experience on small machines. The red and blue war might mean something to some people but the only reason I have so much red was that at the time the dealer here only carried red. Upon retrospect I see that blue has some really nice features that were ahead of the game. To me it doesnt much matter which color it is as long as the smoke and sparks come out the end of the cable and not under the covers of the machine.
          http://www.facebook.com/cary.urka.urkafarms

Comment

GRANT-ZJ...........WELCOME ABOARD..........KEEP AN EYE ON SCOTT AND HOW HE TALKS.....I DIDN'T REALIZE HE WORKED FOR LINCOLN........I THOUGHT HE WORKED FOR ESAB.............GRANT... YOU WILL HAVE SOME FUN ON THIS SITE.......AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL IS..............YOU WILL LEARN A LOT AND YOU SHOULD FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN ANYTIME YOU FEEL LIKE IT....... JUST REMEMBER THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS ON THIS SITE IF THEIR IS I'LL ASK THEM..................BE SAFE NOW........ROCK
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Rock
              GRANT-ZJ...........WELCOME ABOARD..........KEEP AN EYE ON SCOTT AND HOW HE TALKS.....I DIDN'T REALIZE HE WORKED FOR LINCOLN........I THOUGHT HE WORKED FOR ESAB.............GRANT... YOU WILL HAVE SOME FUN ON THIS SITE.......AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL IS..............YOU WILL LEARN A LOT AND YOU SHOULD FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN ANYTIME YOU FEEL LIKE IT....... JUST REMEMBER THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS ON THIS SITE IF THEIR IS I'LL ASK THEM..................BE SAFE NOW........ROCK
              [email protected]
              Rock

I don't think Scott V works at all. He must be independently wealthy and trying to spend his inheritance.

Comment

Originally posted by cope

Rock

I don't think Scott V works at all. He must be independently wealthy and trying to spend his inheritance.
                I agree Cope, only I thought he was building up a dealership in used machines!

Comment

You guy's almost got it,but it's not quite as it seems.

When you guys are standing there with your piece of paper worth nothing called stock,I will be there with atleast something to show for my money!Lets just say I don't trust banksters,and gangsters controling my money,I just as soon spend it on something blue!

One last point if you seen the truck I drive,you would know how much money I have.Lets just say it is closer to forty then 30 years old.Atleast you guys would like the color.(BLUE)

Last edited by Scott V; 03-21-2003, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott V
                    You guy's almost got it,but it's not quite as it seems.

When you guys are standing there with your piece of paper worth nothing called stock,I will be there with atleast something to show for my money!Lets just say I don't trust banksters,and gangsters controling my money,I just as soon spend it on something blue!
                    Scott, the only stocks I have are in my gun safe.

Comment

Cope,

me too,right next to my welders.

Comment

Sort of pointless having gunsafe next to plasma cutter.

Comment

First,you have to get that far,and you would need a plasma,bullet proof vest to even get to it.My safe is not a safe just a cabinet.

Comment

Working...
                          X