Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIG torch lead extension

Oh great and noble knowlage body,
    I have a 90 amp Central Machinery (Harbor Freight) MIG unit that I am very happy with except for one item. The leingth of the wires for the torch unit is only about 4 feet. It would be very helpfull if it were 6 or 7 feet in leingth. A close look at the inerds of the unit reveals a power cable, wire feed switch wires, a gas feed hose, and a liner for the wire, and a over all cover for all of the above mentioned items. All of the items look to be prety standard and should be fairley easly to replace with 6 or 7 foot replacements, any downsides that anyone might see to this upgrade?

PCHALKER,.,.......ABOUT THE ONLY THING I WOULD BE INTERSTED IN FINDING OUT IS WILL THE DRIVE MOTOR PUSH IT THE ADITIONAL FEW FEET...........AND WHY WAS IT ONLY DESIGNED WITH A 4 FOOT GUN ON IT OR DID SOMEONE CUT THE GUN THEN REDUCE THE LENGTH...........................?................ . THAT IS MY 2 CENTS WORTH.............ROCK.....[email protected]

Comment

Since it was probably made in China, and won't last long anyhow, I don't think I'd invest in changing the gun cable.
      An easier solution might be to make up a jib to move the machine around the work area. 25 years back, it was quite common for MM 135 machines to be hung from cranes to cover a work area larger than the machine cable could accomodate.

Comment

AH YES THEY DID................AND NOT TO MENTION THEY MADE BOOMS WITH THE FEEDERS ON T HE ENDS OF THE 20-25 FOOT BOOMS.............. I THINK ALL THE MAJOR PLAYERS STILL HAVE THESE IN THEIR CATALOGUE'S......................ROCK[email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X