So I Lied, better photo of outside corner joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I Lied, better photo of outside corner joint

Guess I cannot be trusted. I found what I think will be clearer photo of the outside side corner joint on the 6" pipe. Please bear with me this camera is my new toy.
    Last edited by Dan; 05-01-2009, 08:13 AM.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Re: So I Lied, better photo of outside corner joint

Originally posted by Dan
    Guess I cannot be trusted. I found what I think will be clearer photo of the outside side corner joint on the 6" pipe. Please bear with me this camera is my new toy.
    These digital cameras are great, aren't they? Say, What type of stainless are you using? What is food grade stainless, anyway?

You have a "nice hand" there, Dan.

Comment

Re: So I Lied, better photo of outside corner joint

Originally posted by Dan
      So, are you a "lefty" Dan?

Bill C
      Bill C
      "The more I learn about welding the more I find there is to learn..."

Comment

Re: Re: So I Lied, better photo of outside corner joint

Originally posted by Rocky D

These digital cameras are great, aren't they? Say, What type of stainless are you using? What is food grade stainless, anyway?

You have a "nice hand" there, Dan.
        The camera will probably be a lot nicer once I sit down and read the entire 150 page guide book. So far I have just read enough to cover the basics , because I had to beat a time limit for using those tig welds for demo purposes.

Mainly I use 304 or 308, and 308L filler rod. On food grade equipment you want something with a low carbon content to help eliminate the possiblity of Carbide Precipitation . However, I honestly don t know the grade of the stainless pipe . It is part of a new equipment installation, and the plant engineer just brought it to me and said to use it. It is the same material that our large deep fat fryers use on there burner exhaust pipe so Im assuming it is food grade too. By the way, the large fryer Im talking about is a machine that produces in the neighborhood of 150 5oz bags of potato chips every 5 minutes. We currently have 8 of these that run 24 hours a day six days a week and 2 shifts on Sundays. They are planning to install 8 more within the next 3 years. So someone out there has to be eating a lot of potato chips. I know it isn t me. After 14 years of them you begin to dislike them a little.
        MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
        Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Working...
        X