eztig hobart welder 165I issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eztig hobart welder 165I issue

hello, bought a hobart eztig 165I welder brand new and plugged it in and nothing. i have other welders that i use on the same plug without issue before we start there. welder is obviously under warranty and hobart will be contacted but has anyone had a similar issue with a quick fix. was hoping to use my machine and now i am disappointed as its an expensive paperweight that could be out months before its fixed.

Where did you buy it? They've been discontinued for a while, but I don't remember how long.

You say it's a known good receptacle, but don't confirm what voltage you are supplying it.

Comment

As stated my Ironman 210, Hobart 210 stick, syncrowave 210 all work perfectly on this outlet. Also my automotive hoist is wired on the same circuit and works perfectly. Both leads are showing 120v perfectly to supply 220v/240v to the welder. Normal weld plug with no modifications to machine.

Comment

Suggest you call HOBART tech support.... But surprised Hobart Tech has not chimed in by now....

https://www.hobartwelders.com/support/contact-us-form

Dale
        "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Apologies for not jumping in earlier, there is a circuit breaker on the back of the machine that I would reset to see if that is the issue, if its not I would contact support.

Comment

Originally posted by cmtremor View Post
            As stated my Ironman 210, Hobart 210 stick, syncrowave 210 all work perfectly on this outlet. Also my automotive hoist is wired on the same circuit and works perfectly. Both leads are showing 120v perfectly to supply 220v/240v to the welder. Normal weld plug with no modifications to machine.
            Well, only now have you mentioned that the "other welders" use 240V. And both poles having 120V does not mean you have 240V for sure across the poles. Many times a broken breaker has only closed one pole and you can read 120V on both sides, but they are in fact from the same pole. I ask what might seem like stupid questions to verify your info because I've been doing this a long time, and have no idea what level of troubleshooting ability you have before I help. So I'll assume you have a 240V hoist (mine is 120V) and that that is sufficient for you to verify you currently have 240V available at your welder receptacle.

Next I would be using the voltage meter to learn at what point inside the case of the machine I no longer have that primary supply voltage. As mentioned, looks like there might be a breaker with a reset available on the back. Beyond that, you can decide if you want to troubleshoot further or rely on the warranty. From where did you buy it?

Comment

Working...
            X