X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe here for specs...

https://www.ine.it/en/products/detai...-mn-steels-184

Dale
    "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert View Post
      You probably want that to be a little longer, I can't seem to find a spec sheet for that wire anywhere but there should be a sheet that will tell you what that should be, for gasless fluxcore wires that tends to be 5/8-3/4"
      Here's part of a data sheet for a good Hobart general fab FC wire. Click image for larger version

Name:	Part of FabShield 21B Data Sheet.png
Views:	31
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	710058

Comment

Thanks Dale and Northern, Looking at the spec sheet for the wire he has, it looks like that wire is going to be the issue here. Try it out on some thicker material with voltage much higher - I'd start with it maxed and adjust the WFS to match which will probably be ~50. It will probably weld much better. The spec shows you want minimum 18v and 100amps for that wire.

Comment

Thanks everyone..figured it out. It was simple stupidity on my part...

Comment

So what was it, so we can maybe help others who have the exact same issue?

Comment

If you don't mind sharing the solution, it may help someone else down the road that runs into the same issue!

Comment

We don't make fun of stupid, we learn from it... Spill the beans, what did you do, so I don't do same thing...

Dale
                "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Working...
                X