Handler 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handler 140

hi guys...been working on learning this Handler 140 and have been met with issues. First time out spotty welding splatter and generally inconsistent. I had some success testing my welding. The spotty weld led me to swapping out the ground clamp for an all copper one. Started off great tonight welding 1/16 to 1/4". First weld on went good. After that went to weld second piece together same part thicknesses and couldn't get any burn in on 1/4 or 1/16. All surface. I didnt change anything. Can it be im too far from my power source? Is my ground the issue? Sometimes it looks awesome and works awesome. I'm frustrated but don't know what to do next. Any help appreciated. No gas flux core onto brand new steel.

Help us help you. How about telling us every setting your machine is on, including polarity, and what wire you are using?

Pics of the welds would just be a bonus.

Gut instinct: what's your travel speed? Slow it down and put more heat into the puddle before trying to move it.

Practice on the thicker stuff first, say, 3/16".

Comment

Hi...set up for positive polarity for gasless fluxcore wire. Travel speed 1 or 2 but I'm following the guidelines on the welder door. Tried 10 to 90 cant get burn in on any setting. Stutter no burn in weld ground down never penetrates metal. Went to single outlet 20 am breaker direct with 25 ft 14/3 cord. Same results. Yesterday I got some burn in on my one end of weld. Ill post pics in a bit

Comment

Here's pics. Second time I've used it. Not once have I seen adequate penetration. Stutter and no burn in pretty typical. After first attempt dumped the crappy ground clamp and bought and installed this one. Based on alot of reading lack of ground came up alot and lack of total electricity. Here is my pics and settings.Doesnt matter if I'm on highest or lowest setting I cannot get good burn in on any metal.

Comment

Other pics

Comment

FYI....i keep coming back to polarity but it matches book....if I didnt know better it acts like those who have had polarity backwards....

Comment

Your polarity is DCEN, which is correct. I think you just need experience and instruction. I asked about your travel speed, not the wire speed.

Comment

What's your contact tip to work distance? How old is the fluxcore wire? You should be somewhere around 2 on the Voltage and 20-30 on the WFS.

Comment

Fluxcore wire is new though need to check mfr date. I have slowed hand speed to next to nothing on every level burn in is same.

Comment

I am going to post a link....In next message, hopefully it will not get tagged as spam by board software...

Posting a pic of both voltage and wire speed set as lowest does not inspire a lot of confidence...

Dale
                    Last edited by Dale M.; 07-08-2020, 12:02 PM.
                    "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Try this link.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xod-ByrxHg4

Dale
                      "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Hi dale...Pic was for reference to machine - I follow the guidelines in the suggested matrix for speed, etc

Comment

MarkRauenzahn, whats your contact tip to work distance?

Comment

3/8 to 1/2

Comment

You probably want that to be a little longer, I can't seem to find a spec sheet for that wire anywhere but there should be a sheet that will tell you what that should be, for gasless fluxcore wires that tends to be 5/8-3/4"

Comment

Working...
                              X