Syncrowave350lx issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncrowave350lx issues

Ok I have an older syncrowave 350lx iirc was made in 2004 and for some reason it will weld on a.c. but as soon as I switch the polarity sparks fly and it throws thr breaker at the panel. I have replaced the polarity switch and cleaned everything really well inside. Dont see anything burnt or does it have any weird smells inside until it started throwing sparks from polarity switch contacts(blade type). What could be the issue? Or if someone wants to buy it ill sell it for what I have in it $1025 so far with new switch and foot pedal. Somewhere else I read it could be a diode or rectifier

I don't know if there's an easy way to find a needle in a hay stack, but I expect your going to find out soon enough the answer to that question and it's probably no. You could post a serial number, some will suggest that to be helpful. Other might suggest calling Miller Tech support? Me...I say do more reading, and hope for the best as you sort things out.

Comment

I would say if it arcs switching to DC then check the to see if one of the modules has a shorted SCR.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
        I would say if it arcs switching to DC then check the to see if one of the modules has a shorted SCR.
        I know i's kind of quiet an all Keith, but I caught the blank spot after "check the" . Lol. Board was my guess?

Comment

Yep, sounds like a shorted rectifier.. I don't have any experience with the SCR's. The old style diodes, if conked out, would do the same thing, basically.T
          fence and gate shop worker
          At home...
          Lincoln Power MIG 180....
          Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

Working...
          X