Replacement boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement boards

Hey all. I have a Champion 10000. Had it running yesterday and it shut off and started smoking from the front panel. Today I opened her up and found the main board burnt. Replacing it is one thing, but how do I go about finding the reason behind it.

What is your unit serial number?

Comment

It is LA298560

Comment

What parts were damaged on the control board?

Comment

Can you sens me a picture of it? I can point it out. Not near the welder. Standing at the engine end looking toward the front.upper right

Comment

When you get near the unit let me know what components are damaged. Provide the component call out printed on the board for each component.

Comment

Comment

Has the unit exhibited any battery or charging issues? The failed components are in the 12V input area of the board. The charging system powers this board so if there has been an issue there this could have been the cause. Make sure the battery is in good working order and that the charging system on the engine is producing no more than 14.2V to the battery.

Comment

Ok. I'll check into that. Thank you.

Comment

The battery was bad and has been replaced. I guess that was the issue?

Comment

Now, after I buy a new board, are there any test I should do before I install the board?

Comment

Just the things I mentioned earlier. Those can be performed without the board installed.

Comment

Great! How about buying a board? Can I get it directly from Hobart?

Comment

We do not sell direct. For good pricing look at www.miller4less.com

Comment

Part number?

Comment

Working...
                              X