Handler 140 free cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handler 140 free cart

I just bought a Handler 140, and tried to register online for the free cart.

However, when I submitted my claim, the website kicked me back out to the beginning without a notification that my claim had been received. I submitted my claim again, and got the same result.

I send an e-mail to Hobart inquiring about this matter, but have not received a response.

Hobart, did you receive my claim for the free cart?

Call customer service. Where did you purchase the unit?
    --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
    -------------------------

Comment

I purchased the unit through Northern Tool on June 5, 2019.

There isn't a phone number on the Hobart website. Contact is only through e-mail or this forum.

I'm not getting an answer through either.
      Last edited by Harry Marinakis; 06-19-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Marinakis View Post

There isn't a phone number on the Hobart website. Contact is only through e-mail or this forum.

Patience grasshopper....
        Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Wrong! There is a tracking app for this offer AND a phone number on this forum. Quit complaining and do your homework!

Comment

You can send your free cart inquires via email to [email protected] or call them at 800-626-9420.

Comment

Yep, the Hobart contact info, including phone #, is available if you select "Support", then "Contact Us". Clever of Hobart to hide it in plain sight. LOL.

(I just had to contact Comcast/Xfinity for some technical issues about phone & TV. Think they could list a phone number somewhere? Sheesh!)
              --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
              -------------------------

Comment

There are no phone numbers for Hobart listed on the mobile site

Comment

Originally posted by Northweldor View Post
                  Quit complaining and do your homework!
                  not my job to search for that
                  It is Hobart's job to respond in a timely manner so I don't have go through such bull

Comment

not my job to search for that
                    It is Hobart's job to respond in a timely manner so I don't have go through such bull
                    It took me two minutes after I read your post.
                    Apparently, you still haven' t phoned them. I think you are a bit of a whiner.

Comment

It's been 3 weeks since I submitted my claim for the free cart, and sent Hobart an e-mail, and still no one from Hobart has responded. THREE WEEKS. Patience my ***.

I called Hobart, and they apologized for such abysmally poor customer service. They put me in touch with someone to handle my claim, who asked for a copy of my receipt that showed that purchase price. I sent her that receipt.

She kept telling that the receipt was not good enough, and I needed to send her a receipt with the purchase price. A dozen e-mails back and forth, I kept telling her that the purchase price was clearly listed on the sales receipt, on the top line, where it clearly shows HOBART HANDLER 140 --- PRICE $529.99.

She kept saying that wasn't good enough. WTF is wrong with Hobart?

Finally she said that she meant that she needed to see the sales tax. So I guess English isn't her first language, if she doesn't know the difference between PRICE and SALES TAX.

Finally got it straightened out after many, many e-mails, at least as far as my claim is concerned. Still don't have my free cart after 3 weeks.

Buyer beware of Hobart..

Comment

Cart delivery will take 6-8 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
                          Cart delivery will take 6-8 weeks.
                          IF I was going to receive a free cart. The advertised special states that a free cart will be delivered to me.

But it I just received an email today that my claim was successfully processed but that Hobart is just going to send me a check instead of a free cart.

BUYER BEWARE

From the email:
                          "If you do not receive your rebate check after 8 weeks, please call (800-383-4836) or check your rebate claim status online at (http://www.checkyourrebate.com/HobartWelders)."
                          Last edited by Harry Marinakis; 07-01-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

They are still sending carts. The "canned" response for most of our rebates was not changed to reflect the free cart offer. Here is the statement I received “Hobart is not replacing the free cart with a check and we apologize for the email miscommunication.” You will still be receiving a free cart.

Comment

Working...
                            X